Role: Front of House Receptionist
Reporting to: Office Manager
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
Our collective Mission
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
You will play a key role in the day to day operation of our London office and provide vital support to all areas of the business. You will also act as a brand ambassador for the business and interact with customers and colleagues at all levels daily. This is a busy front of house role so exceptional organisational skills are essential.
You will be responsible for delivering an efficient and professional Front of House Reception service for [PIAS] in addition to providing general administrative support.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors.
- Being the first point of contact for telephone enquiries and making sure calls are answered promptly and professionally.
- Ensuring the reception area is always well presented.
- Act as key holder and open and close the office daily.
- Booking couriers and taxis.
- Arranging UPS shipments and returns.
- Signing and logging all deliveries.
- Handling in and outgoing post.
- Booking travel & accommodation.
- Monitoring all stationery stock.
- Booking meeting rooms.
- Arranging lunch and refreshments when required.
- Organizing events alongside the Office Manager.
- Take control and produce ideas around social activities.
- Providing general ad-hoc administration assistance to other departments.
Skills and Experience
- Receptionist/customer facing experience within a similar environment.
- You will have a genuine passion for what you do, and bags of personality combined. with the ability to engage everyone around you and build long-term rapport with both the guests and your colleagues.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to problem solve.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel & Word).
- Enthusiasm and keenness to learn.
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalizes on opportunity
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual goals
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Languages would be real advantage
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.