Role: Financial Analyst
Reporting to: FPA Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: 1 Bevington Path, London SE1 3PW
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
Providing FP&A and Commercial Finance support to the PLG / Integral businesses as well as preparing Group reporting deliverables and assisting with the year-end Audit process.
- Support Finance and Label Management through the monitoring and review of marketing spend.
- Commercial Deal Appraisal analysis.
- Managing artist advances reconciliation (recoupable costs, earnings, provisions) and royalty costs (recoupment and payable)
- Providing PO support to the PLG / Integral businesses.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual budget and quarterly reforecasting cycles. Ad hoc reporting and analysis
Group / Statutory Reporting:
- Assist in the preparation of year-end accounts to include P&L, Balance Sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and commentary
- Monthly review of Margin cost assumptions for UK entities
- Preparation of annual manufacturing and stock movement reports.
- Ownership of Wall of Sound / Fat Cat Annual accounts.
- Assist with annual audit process
- Reviewing ledger postings and ensuring transactional batches are coded correctly Intercompany reconciliations across UK and Group
Skills and Experience
- Part Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Must be degree qualified
- Previous related music industry experience within a financial role is essential
- Able to manage multiple projects and conflicting priorities
- High mathematical standard and excellent Excel skills
- Ability to build relationships and interact with the wider business and senior management
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Organised, efficient and effective with strong communication skills
- Passionate about music
What do we offer:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Great working environment – passion and love for music runs in our DNA
- Financial Planning drop ins with our Company Financial Advisor
- 25 days annual leave
- Hybrid working model
- Summer Fridays
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans Interest Free
- Eyecare vouchers
- Monthly stock out
- Free gig tickets and staff socials
- Perkbox Employee Reward Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Enhanced family leave
- A great team to work with
And much more!
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.