Role: Commercial Operations Manager
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem.
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
For our LA office, we are looking for a Commercial Operations Manager, who as part of the senior management team would be overseeing the day-to-day operations of our US business and lead the further development and growth of our US based distribution services team. We are looking for an experienced and driven person with a background in distribution or an operational role within the music industry who can wear many hats and will thrive in a small and dynamic team.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the [PIAS] office in LA. This includes IT, local Finance and HR, working closely with the US senior management team and the heads of our centralized business support functions
- Developing & overseeing US & Canada sales strategies for our distribution services division [Integral] including digital, physical and D2C
- Growing profitability and efficiency of the overall business ensuring projected goals and revenue targets are met.
- Manage margins, costs, budgeting and forecasting in collaboration with the Group Finance Director
- Project managing business development opportunities and helping to onboard new partners for our distribution business
- Improve performance and implement best practices across all areas of our US business operations
- Stay at the forefront of market developments and trends in digital and physical to contribute to the overall decision making within the senior management and global leadership teams and to help maximize revenue and business opportunities. Devise a strategy that will work on an international basis for as many markets as possible and manage a balance of projects that are being campaigned at any one time.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in an operational or commercial role within a music company
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy working environment Confident communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to quickly understand existing processes and systems as well as working on effective improvements.
- A track record of growing teams and processes to support business growth
- Deep understanding of and good relationships with all key US & Canadian retail accounts both physical and digital
- Strong organizational, administrative, and analytical skills
- A commercial mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Gravitas and integrity.
- Takes initiative and capitalizes on opportunity.
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment.
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business. Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals.
- Organised, efficient and effective.
- Passionate about music.
- Languages would be real advantage.
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.