Role: AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT & STRATEGY MANAGER – RECORDINGS & COOP
Reporting to: Head of Audience Development & DSP Partnerships
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
- To plan, execute and manage digital strategy for selected [PIAS] repertoire and to provide sound good practice consultation to artists, management, labels and [PIAS] marketing team.
- To work with the UK and international team to construct impactful and digitally focused marketing plans that deliver on given targets.
- To help drive [PIAS] repertoire online fanbases.
- To assist and advise the marketing team and labels on latest opportunities and trends in the marketplace.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Fanbase building. Establish key channels for artist, work with marketing to refine audience, execute fan acquisition strategies to grow the buzz.
- Drive commercial results. Build DSP activations into artist’s digital campaign – Follow to Unlock, Pre-Save/Pre-Add, integrate any social asks from DSPs e.g. liners, ‘thank you’s for playlist adds, etc.
- Websites. Brief, oversee development, and maintain artist official websites and web-related fan activations as needed.
- Organic social media. Develop social media content plans / posting schedules, rolling out optimised and bespoke content strategies tailored to individual platforms, overseeing external social media agencies where appropriate.
- Influencer strategy. Work alongside external influencer agencies to plan influencer activations, both as paid marketing channel and as artist content creation ‘earned media’ opportunity as appropriate.
- Digital advertising. Work alongside Marketing Managers and external media agency to build paid advertising plans across social, VoD, display, programmatic, etc., incorporating [PIAS] allocations of inventory from DSPs / platforms.
- Partner relations. Cultivate and develop relationships with key partners such as Facebook, TikTok, YouTube etc to stay on top of new developments and plan partner activations to be woven into wider digital campaign.
- Campaign Management. Creative ideation on innovative and effective digital activations that will build artist’s audience and drive campaign objectives. Overall responsibility for rollout of digital campaign.
- Creative Assets. Create and oversee creation and distribution of digital marketing assets, social skins, mailer templates, etc.
- Reporting. Track progress of key campaigns with PCAs on priority releases and regular reporting on progress of campaign objectives and growth across key artist channels.
- DSP partnerships. Act as the vector between Marketing and Sales with regards to key DSPs such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music etc – driving forward DSP-facing comms as well as marketing and partnership opportunities on key campaigns.
Skills and Experience
- Having worked collaboratively within a team on successful digital music campaigns
- Sound understanding of the recorded music market
- Tech and music savvy – curious about and aware of latest trends in digital
- Record label experience preferred
- Understanding of digital advertising
- Experience in Influencer marketing
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Personable and good at relationship-building
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every candidate. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume that your application has not been successful this time round. However, do keep an eye out on our website for any other vacancies that might be of interest.