Role: Audience Development and Strategy Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Audience Development and Partnerships
Direct Reports: 0
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
Assisting in the Audience Development team, working alongside the Head of Audience Development & Partnerships and the Audience Development Manager to, execute and manage digital strategy for selected [PIAS] repertoire and to provide best practice consultation to artists, management, labels and [PIAS] marketing team.
Assisting in audience development strategies and activations for a selected roster of artists for which the Assistant will assume full responsibility, as well as providing support on additional campaigns that are chiefly led by the Manager or Head Of.
To work closely with the UK and international team to construct impactful and digitally focused marketing plans that deliver on given targets.
To help drive [PIAS] repertoire’s online fanbases.
To assist and advise the marketing team and labels on latest opportunities and trends in the marketplace.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Be the No.1 point person for developing artist fan bases and understand the audience better than anyone else.
- Devise and implement social media campaigns for a portfolio of artists across a broad range of social content environments.
- Work with the whole team to devise creative strategies for the continual growth & engagement of the artists’ fanbases.
- Brief & self-create both organic and paid for content.
- Lead the creation of all current and emerging social channels for new artists once signed.
- Work with artist & managers to write, build and send email communications
- Handle the updating of digital assets including banners and visual creative on all social properties.
- Set up and run social media training sessions with development artists.
- Handle content uploads to YouTube ensuring correct tagging, SEO & optimisation.
- Provide reporting in artist and campaign meetings on the growth of artist fanbases, videos and online reaction.
- Handle link tagging for all artist releases to ensure we’re collecting remarketing data.
- Reporting on a regular basis on audience development KPIs
- Conducting audits of new signings’ digital presences and advising on best practice
- Creating presentations and comms materials around new trends in the market, best practice observed from 3rd-party campaigns, and marketing one-pagers.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and experience working with leading social platforms
- Social platform analytics reporting experience
- Adobe suite or similar experience (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver)
- eCRM platform experience (email campaigns through Mailchimp or similar)
- Having worked collaboratively within a team on internationally successful campaigns.
- Sound understanding of the international music market
- Tech and music savvy
- Proven experience in creative online marketing initiatives.
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Organised, efficient and effective
- Passionate about music
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.