Role: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: 1 Bevington Path, London SE1 3PW
What we do
[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
Providing transactional finance support to the label group and distribution businesses as well as assisting with the year-end Audit process.
- Ownership of [PIAS] Label Group AP transaction bookings including Vendor set ups, Bill processing, PO reviews, Reporting and be the point of contact for all [PIAS] Label Group AP transaction queries
- Advise on payments required and process weekly payment runs
- Weekly bank reconciliations with monthly reporting of Bank and Transit control accounts
- Assist with Monthly Creditor reporting and AP control account reviews for all UK entities
- Review and process Cash/Credit Card Expenses against our Expenses Policy
- Assist with intercompany bookings and Adhoc journals as needed
- Withholding Tax processing and quarterly reporting to HMRC
- Assist with annual audit
- Adhoc reporting, reconciliations, or assistance as required
Skills and Experience
- Must be degree qualified or studying towards a finance qualification.
- Able to manage and prioritize tasks
- Able to proactively think of solutions and improve processes
- High mathematical standard and excellent Excel skills is essential
- Ability to build relationships and interact with the wider business and senior management
- Previous related music industry experience within a financial role is desirable
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Organised, efficient and effective with strong communication skills
- Passionate about music
What do we offer:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Great working environment – passion and love for music runs in our DNA
- Financial Planning drop ins with our Company Financial Advisor
- 25 days annual leave
- Hybrid working model
- Summer Fridays
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans Interest Free
- Eyecare vouchers
- Monthly stock out
- Free gig tickets and staff socials
- Perkbox Employee Reward Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Enhanced family leave
- A great team to work with
And much more!
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.