[PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music in the world across our unrivalled international network. Established in 1982, we operate 16 global offices – all leveraging local relationships to influence local gatekeepers.
- To be at the very heart of the independent music ecosystem
- To relentlessly and passionately discover, promote, market, sell and distribute the music of independent labels and artists.
- To spread the music we champion with passion, integrity and care. To help it encounter audiences and success.
- To constantly challenge ourselves to improve.
What you’ll be doing
Providing transactional finance support to the label group and distribution businesses as well as assisting with the year-end Audit process.
- Ownership of UK Overhead, US and Harmonia Mundi UK AP transaction bookings including: Vendor set ups, bill processing, Coding PO’s, processing and applying payments, reporting and be the point of contact for all queries
- Assist with label queries, process payments and send label documents
- Process weekly, month end and ad hoc payment runs
- Process monthly Direct Debits / Standing Orders
- Ownership of monthly manufacturing process, including: maintaining a control account, process recharge bookings, VAT postings, reporting, and be the point of contact for all queries.
- Completion of all Companies house / Office for National Statistics information requests
- Monthly review of suspense control account in each UK entity
- Manage Ad hoc contra bookings between AR/AP
- Bank transfers
- Assist with annual audit
- Ad hoc reporting, reconciliations or assistance as required
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in a Finance function is required.
- A Level or equivalent including GCSE grade C or above in Math’s and English or with some equivalent accountancy qualification or experience
- Logical, methodical approach, with high attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple projects and conflicting priorities
- High mathematical standard and excellent Excel skills is essential
- Ability to build relationships and interact with the wider business and senior management
- Previous related music industry experience within a financial role is desirable
- Gravitas and integrity
- Takes initiative and capitalises on opportunity
- Adaptable within a dynamic, changing environment
- Works to build up credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
- Takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Organised, efficient and effective with strong communication skills
- Passionate about music
[PIAS] is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.