COMPANY: Phrased Differently Music Ltd.
TITLE: Marketing & Sync Manager
LOCATION: Shoreditch, London
SALARY: To Be Determined
CLOSING DATE: January 15th, 2023 – start date February 2023
Min Experience: Mid-Level
Phrased Differently is a successful UK based independent, free thinking, boutique music publisher in the heart of Shoreditch with 8 studios, home to some of our writers and producers as well as an office housing 7 creative staff.
We have a roster of 34 writers based between LA, New York, Stockholm and London including several artists and have scored over 50 No. 1’s and over 150 Top 10’s globally. Despite being a small independent, we’ve managed to consistently score big releases with artists such as
Ariana Grande, Marshmello, Mae Mueller, Elley Duhé, Britney Spears, Calvin Harris, Chainsmokers, Craig David, David Guetta, Demi Lovato, Doja Cat, Galantis, Iggy Azalea, James TW, Jax Jones, JP Cooper, Kygo, Kylie Minogue, Little Mix, Lost Frequencies, Miley Cyrus, MK, Nicky Jam, Olly Murs, Omi, Pussy Cat Dolls, Rudimental, Sabrina Carpenter, Sigala, Tiesto, Tom Walker, Will Smith, Wiz Khalifa, You Me At Six, Alok, 220 Kid, Mimi Webb, Saweetie, Trippie Redd and more
We have enjoyed many syncs over the last 2 years including several Apple TV commercials (iPhone / Apple Watch), Samsung, Royal Caribbean, Jaguar, American Express, Aldi, T Mobile and countless US TV shows such as Inventing Anna (Netflix), One Of Us Is Lying (Netflix), The Bold Type (Netflix), My Mum & Your Dad (HBO Max), Bridgerton (Netflix), Batwoman, Fox Sports, The L Word, The Bubble (Netflix), The Circle (Netflix), Hightown, Wilderness (Amazon).
We have placed songs in movies including Spiderman Homecoming, Birds Of Prey and video games such as Fortnite, Epic Games, Fifa 2022, Gran Turismo 7 to name a few.
Phrased Differently is the UK operating company of the Budde Music Group which also has offices in Germany, France, Eastern Europe and the USA covering publishing, management, live and branding with over 100 employees.
As Sync & Licensing Manager, you will be primarily responsible for customer support and license processing from pitch to invoicing. You will procure opportunities to place our catalogue across all media formats, including Film, TV, Video Games and Advertising, as well as other emerging media formats.
You will be responsible for managing our existing relationships across sync and licensing, as well as building and maintaining new relationships with music supervisors, other music buyers and our network of global sub-publishers.
Reporting to the MD of Phrased Differently as well as the Head of Global sync based in Berlin, you will work closely with our A&R team as well as the global sync team, managing the sync and licensing tasks.
SYNC & CREATIVE DUTIES
- Actively pitch Phrased Differently (PD) / Budde Music Publishing songs, artists and catalogue (including sub-published catalogue) to the film, tv, advertising, & video game community to procure syncs and increase revenue;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with music supervisors, music buyers and other key creative industry people (including CRM tracking);
- Research and procure commercial and promotional opportunities;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including publishing team, sync team and represented writers / artists
- Attend industry events such as conferences, panels, showcases and mixers to stay current and aware of upcoming sync opportunities;
- Manage and build relationships with sub-publishers to proactively pitch and promote our catalogue and increase sync opportunities and deals;
- Support and contribute to new business initiatives including involvement with A&R process and growing the roster;
- Plan and execute strategic marketing campaigns by way of email blasts, samplers, artist showcases and communicate with labels, artists and managers to obtain advance music assets, instrumentals and help manage all music by maintaining and updating databases (Songspace);
- Conception and implementation of marketing campaigns to acquire potential new customers and strengthen ties with existing customers.
LICENSE ADMINSTRATION DUTIES
- Oversee and track the conclusion of license deals. Handling of licenses including preparation of licence offers, rights clearance with authors, co-publishers or sub-publishers as well as communication with licensees (music supervisors/agencies/film producers), contract negotiations and preparation of contracts and invoices.
- Document, track and maintain all inbound briefs and sync requests and fulfilment;
- Generate monthly reporting to communicate status of Sync business, including department goals/projections, confirmed uses, outstanding payments and general sync highlights (contribution to weekly Monday meeting).
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum two years of synchronisation and licensing experience, preferably at a music publisher or record label of sync agency;
- Experience in negotiating licensing agreements or sales and ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Existing relationships with music supervisors and other key music buyers;
- A passion for Top 40 music is a plus, and passion for music a must;
- Able to work well under pressure, autonomously, and manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritise them effectively and appropriately while adhering to short deadlines and maintaining accountability
- Comfortable with networking events, frequent travel and representing the company at conferences and trade events;
- You are a team player with excellent analytical, data-focused and organisational background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Must be highly proficient in various computer programs including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook),
- Google Docs and workflow management platforms;
Handles and safeguards highly confidential and sensitive or proprietary information.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about our businesses;
- Appetite to build and lead a team.
If you feel this could be the perfect role for you, please kindly submit the following to the attention of HR Dept @Phrased Differently to Music@Phraseddifferently.com
- Up to date CV
- Cover letter highlighting how you would fit perfectly
- Your 3 favourite syncs from 2022
- Your favourite song from the Phrased Differently catalogue