VP/Head of Finance
Reports to: CFO
As peermusic’s #2 finance executive, the VP/Head of Finance leads the US Finance team including full accounting functions, managing a support staff, reporting results to our executive team, managing budgets, audits, cash and treasury functions, taxes, royalty finance, commercial insurance, intercompany settlements, year-end close and several other responsibilities.
The role also provides support to international publishing finance colleagues, and coordinates and supports Neighbouring Rights finance activity worldwide.
peermusic is the world’s largest independent music publishing and neighbouring rights administration company, operating from 38 offices in 31 countries.
The Finance team is based in NYC and is responsible for US and Corporate financial activity.
The VP/Head of Finance position will suit someone with a broad range of skills incorporating accounting, music royalties, treasury and tax.
- Quarterly financial close including reports to appropriate department heads and executive team
- Royalty accounting/reconciliation and work closely with the Head of Global Administration
- Reconciliation of many accounts including payroll
- Quarterly accruals via journal entries and prepare balance sheets.
- Prepare intercompany settlement procedure reports for staff.
- Provide support to outside auditors.
- Review tax returns for various countries.
- Cash management and review cash reports.
- Interface payroll system into the accounting software.
- Manage the budget process.
- Annual commercial insurance applications.
- Approve payments in banking website for several countries.
- Several one-off requests from Executive team members.
- Approachable, responsive, communicator, analytical – loves working with finance data
- Reliable; does what they say they will, when they say they will
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented; great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on an evolving workload
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Must be a self-starter
- Experience of working with music royalties
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains software or similar package
- Understanding of US tax law
- Familiarity with advanced accounting functions
- Experience managing others
- College degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with music royalties
- Familiarity with royalty contracts and royalty calculations
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Experience leading finance process change efforts
- A second language is a plus
- Based at peermusic’s mid-town New York City office
- Work from home up to 3 days/week, in coordination with other team members
- Scope for travel to other peermusic offices
- Competitive salary and paid holiday schedule, including a paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s
- Generous medical/dental/vision packages
- 50% match up to 5% into 401(k)
- Working as part of a diverse and respectful global community of people with a passion for music and serving those who create it
For consideration, please send resume with a cover letter to email@example.com