You will have a unique opportunity to work across peermusic’s worldwide finance and royalty teams, technologies, and processes. Reporting to the CFO (based in Berkeley) with a dotted line relationship to the US/Corporate Controller (NY) and the Global Head of Administration (LA), you will author, collate, QA and communicate financial and management reports to worldwide leadership, enable critical worldwide financial processes and provide corporate accounting support. Long-term growth possibilities include driving Fintech-based process improvements, and analytic support for creative deals and executive requests.
peermusic is the largest independent music rights company in the world. With three dozen offices in cultural capitals around the globe, we create great music with our roster of songwriters, promote a deep, diverse, and dynamic song catalogue, and serve an exceptional set of A-list clients.
Come join our family!
In support of the CFO
- Compile, consolidate and communicate global cash-based budgets and quarterly financial results
- Create invoices for intercompany loans and chargebacks
- Manage global Audit package submissions
- Enable quarterly intercompany settlement processes
- Support US compliance reporting and other accounting requirements
- Longer term, help lead worldwide change-related finance/IT projects – new reports and processes
In support of the US/Corporate Controller
- Assist the US/Corporate Accounting team as needed – AP, AR, journal entries, reconciliations
- Support Corporate accounting requirements
- Prepare internal financial reports and supporting schedules
In support of the Global Head of Administration
- Author Tableau-based management analytic reports – deals, clients, digital income, songs
- Run ad hoc royalty reports upon request by top management
- Develop understanding of global royalty revenue sources in support of new analytic reports
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve efficiency across all areas of data analysis and reporting
Your Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in financial analysis, accounting, and/or royalties
- Global perspective with desire to learn, grow, create change, and have an impact
- Highly numerate, analytical, methodical, granular, thorough
- Self-managing, inquisitive, proactive, owns issues to resolution
- Can balance competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Able to extract and manipulate data from high volume datafiles/reports
- Demonstrated skill with Excel (modelling, macros, lookups, complex formulas), SQL (queries, data set manipulation), Tableau (or similar)
- report creation, and Great Plains (or similar) accounting
- Basic knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Effective written and verbal communicator across cultures and management levels
- Music industry experience desired; and love of music required!
- B.A.; Advanced degree a plus
- New York preferred. WFH two days a week.
- Competitive salary and paid holiday schedule, including a paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Generous medical/dental/vision packages.
- 401k – 50% match up to 6%.
- Working as part of a diverse and respectful global community of people with a passion for music and serving those who create it.
For consideration, please send resume with a cover letter to [email protected]