We are looking for a Creative Director in the Film & TV Sync department based in our Burbank, CA office.
We are an active, face-paced independent music publisher. The Creative Director must have relationships in the Film/TV, trailer, gaming community of music supervisors and content creators. You must be able to closely follow and impart instructions and information. You must understand storytelling with music and picture, be organized with solid playlisting skills and an understanding of sync music business.
- Answer briefs from music supervisors as they come in, tracking them through to quote stage
- Develop, cultivate and maintain lasting connections with music supervisors, co-publishers, labels, game companies and other content creators
- Proactively seek unique opportunities for peermusic writers in Film & TV programming
- Create and maintain playlists in DICSO based on mood, genre, theme, era, chart success, etc.
- Compile and maintain Film/TV production grids to keep track of various projects by engaging with supervisors, networks, studios, game companies and online sources
- Work closely with A&R, advertising and international offices to generate opportunities.
- Engage writers for sync projects, works-to-brief and collaborations
- Create, maintain and manage relationships with sync-rep and admin partner
- Act as A&R and point person for Film & TV focused signings; ensuring songwriters and catalogs signed out of Film & TV department have their needs met company-wide
- Find and sign sync-friendly songwriters and artists to the peermusic roster
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, fast learner, have good sense and sound judgment in practical matters
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in the music industry
- Any second language is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with great interpersonal skills
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on the evolving workload
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, supportive team environment
- COVID vaccinated required
- Competitive salary and paid holiday schedule, including a paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s
- Generous medical/dental/vision packages
- 401k – 50% match up to 5%
- Working as part of a diverse and respectful global community of people with a passion for music and serving those who create it
For consideration, please send resume with a cover letter to email@example.com