Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Vice President of Global Royalties (VPGR) oversees all operations, functions and activities relating to music royalty accounting for 30 locations globally.
The VPGR is responsible for the overall productivity and efficiency of our processing hubs located in Los Angeles, Nashville and Buenos Aires.
In addition, the VPGR will be required to establish close working relationships with key executives globally to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Oversee all aspects of global royalty processing, managing a team of 11 handling statement processing, reconciliations, adjustments, payments and advances.
- Provide leadership to the royalty organization, implementing and overseeing policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate quarterly and semi-annual accountings.
- Oversee all aspects of client inquiries providing the highest level of service to our writers, business partners and affiliates.
- Setup and manage the accounting for several large third-party administered catalogs.
- Advise senior level executives in business development decisions in the area of new media.
- Work in partnership between cross functional teams and affiliates on enhancements to systems and processes.
- Partner with business affairs on all aspects of client audit processes; including notifications, report reviews and responses, settlement negotiations and financial reporting implications.
- Lead visual analytic team creating dashboards in Tableau, Excel, etc. to create insightful reports.
- Perform acquisition and deal analysis to check performance of various deals.
- Develop and lead income tracking initiatives to identify and increase collections of revenue for clients.
- Interpreting contracts and implementing royalty and accounting provisions within our rights management system.
- Involvement in various industry working groups, representing our organizations objectives and goals.
- Additional ad-hoc projects and reporting as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years music industry related experience relating to the areas of copyright, royalties, income tracking and administration.
- Analytical, creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- 5+ years’ experience in team leadership.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Adept process and project management skills, including introducing change in a complex environment.
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- SQL, Tableau (or similar) experience preferred but not required.
- Expert Excel knowledge with experience in advanced formulas/functions (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros, etc.)
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments simultaneously with accurate and timely results.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Second language fluency a plus.
Peermusic is a major independent music publisher established in 1929 and has a global presence. Our network of 30 offices supports a dynamic roster of talent and a catalog of songs covering most genres of music. Our job is working with songwriters, composers, lyricists, producers and artists. Artists that have had a chart hit with a Peermusic song include Justin Beiber, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Michael Bublé, Josh Grobin, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Juanes, Jason Aldean and Rascal Flatts to name a few.
- Competitive Salary
- 401k Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Creative work environment
Please send resume and cover letter to BLEGER@PEERMUSIC.COM