Partisan Records, an independent music company from Brooklyn, NY with offices in London, LA, and Berlin seeks an experienced Product Manager to join its US team based in New York. The position will be full-time capacity, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing for North America. Competitive salary based on experience. Health insurance, paid vacation and paid family leave as benefits.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Include three recent artist campaigns that grabbed your attention and why you feel you are right for this position. Limited to 500 words. Deadline for applications is Sept 27, 2021.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- establishing the marketing strategy for the record campaign, including visual creative throughlines, with the artist and management team. Collaborate on narrative and audience development with internal team specialists.
- identifying sales and marketing goals and targets, including account exclusives
- managing budgets and forecasting spends.
- writing marketing plans that cover retail, digital, outdoor, live, promo and all other campaign-related marketing including sync.
- liaise with live agents, promoters and artist managers to develop an effective live plot
- hire and manage promo teams, relevant third parties and creative/art directors where relevant – includes securing agreements
- manage in house and third party promo teams for US, CA + LATAM.
- manage and coordinate promo requests
- develop artwork, physical product and merch items with band and art director developing and assembling creative and promotional assets
- work closely with international product manager to maximise US results internationally and vice-versa
- liaise with distro team via Director of Physical Sales to forecast product quantities and maximize sales
- utilize data analytics to guide strategic decisions
- key point person for the entire campaign
- set up internal team resources per campaign
- provide reporting, campaign specific updates, feedback, and ideas to key group and label stakeholders related to assigned campaigns
- initiate and lead regular project meetings
- build out timeline including strategic rollout
- meet and communicate delivery deadlines including production
- deliver completed label copy and approved masters to relevant team members for distribution
- keep all partners, artists, team members on track to meet deadlines
Skill set requirements
- Minimum 3 years product management experience at a label
- A thorough understanding of the ever-evolving music marketing landscape
- Extremely organized with attention to detail and ability to quality control across all elements of the campaign
- Proactive business friendly style in written and verbal communication with a keen sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Strong commercial sensibilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Team player
- representing the label in whichever locality
- improving skills and knowledge
- motivating, supporting and nurturing (where appropriate) other team members
- being collaborative
- keeping an ear to the ground for new business opportunities including new artists
- clearly communicating whereabouts to entire team
Diversity & Inclusion:
Partisan Records is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.