JOB TITLE: Product Manager
COMPANY: Partisan Records
LOCATION: London (office based)
TYPE: Permanent / Full-Time
SALARY: Dependent on experience
Partisan Records is an independent record label with offices in Brooklyn, London, LA and Berlin and has a diverse roster of artists that include Fontaines DC, Ezra Collective, IDLES, Fela Kuti, Laura Marling and Cigarettes After Sex among many others.
Partisan Records is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our UK team based in London. The successful candidate will be a music marketer who has experience running commercially and artistically successful campaigns. The role will work with the marketing team and outside agencies to execute campaigns globally, with a focus on the UK market.
The ideal candidate will be digital forward, extremely organized, have the ability to work directly with artists and their management teams and be able to inspire trust and confidence as they shape and execute ideas for new projects.
Will include but are not limited to:
- Establish the marketing strategy for the record campaign, including visual creative through-lines, with the artist and management team. Collaborate on narrative and audience development with internal team specialists.
- Identify sales and marketing goals and targets, including account exclusives.
- Manage budgets and forecasting spends.
- Write marketing plans that cover retail, digital, outdoor, live, promo and all other campaign-related marketing including sync.
- Liaise with live agents, promoters and artist managers to develop an effective live plot.
- Hire and manage promo teams and relevant third parties.
- Manage and coordinate promo requests.
- Develop artwork, physical product and merch items with artist and in-house creative manager, developing and assembling creative and promotional assets.
- Work closely with international marketing manager to maximize results across EU, Asia and Australia.
- Liaise with distribution team to forecast product quantities and maximize sales.
- Utilize data analytics to guide strategic decisions.
- Key point person for the entire campaign.
- Set up internal team resources per campaign.
- Provide reporting, campaign specific updates, feedback, and ideas to key group and label stakeholders related to assigned campaigns.
- Initiate and lead regular project meetings.
- Build out timeline including strategic rollout.
- Meet and communicate delivery deadlines including production.
- Deliver completed label copy and approved masters to relevant team members for distribution.
- Keep all partners, artists, team members on track to meet deadlines.
- Represent the label in the UK and relevant territories.
- Improve skills and knowledge.
- Motivate, support and nurture (where required) other team members.
- Being collaborative.
- Keep an ear to the ground for new business opportunities including new artists.
- Clearly communicate whereabouts to the entire team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous proven product management experience at a label.
- A thorough understanding of the ever-evolving music marketing landscape.
- Be extremely organized with attention to detail and ability to maintain quality control across all elements of the campaign.
- Proactive business friendly style in written and verbal communication with a keen sense of urgency to complete tasks.
- Strong commercial understanding.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Be a collaborative team player.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Friday 6th January 2023, with “Product Manager – Partisan” in the subject line. Please be patient with us when waiting for a response, we’re a small team, so will reply as soon as we can 🙂
Equal Opportunity and DEI
Partisan Records is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees and partners.
Equity & Inclusion Matters To Us
BIY are committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. We believe in building and continuously striving for fair and equitable workplaces in the music industry.