Contract & Royalty Administrator: Part-Time (may lead to Full-Time)
Finance & Accounting – Brooklyn, New York
Partisan Records, an independent music company from Brooklyn, NY with offices in London and LA, seeks a Contract and Royalty Administrator to join its US team based in New York. The position will be part-time, with potential to join the team in a full-time capacity, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager and interfacing with the CFO. Remote-working candidates will be considered.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include three reasons why you feel you are right for this position, limited to 400 words. Deadline for applications is November 6, 2020.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recording contract review: verify that the artist contract data recorded in our royalty systems agrees with the artist contract
- New artists royalty system onboarding: initial contract review, prepare data deal sheet listing all relevant information including rate structures for approval by CFO; provide royalty department with deal sheet for entry into artist royalty system; review data has been properly recorded into the system.
- New artist mechanical royalty system onboarding: initial contract review and prepare data deal sheet listing all relevant information including rate structures for review/approval by CFO; Input deal sheet data into royalty system; review data has been properly recorded.
- Obtain copies of any contract changes or renewals and update royalty systems.
- Request semi-annual report which lists all changes made to the royalty systems; verify that only proper changes have been made.
- Maintain company contract database and sublicensee contract and accounting tracking sheet.
- Assist CFO in review of semi-annual artist statement and quarterly mechanical royalty statements.
- Assist CFO on researching and resolving artist inquiries, providing explanation and analysis.
Showcode and Label Code Administration
- Daily updates to company showcode and label code register.
- Assign showcodes and/or label code to all distributor costs deducted from revenue reports and vendor invoices.
- Contact distributors and vendors and request prompt submission of applicable supporting documentation and/or explanation to enable proper show code assignment.
- Proactively escalate delays with applicable company staff to further assist in determining proper showcodes to assign distributor and vendor costs.
- Input assigned showcodes and label codes to applicable costs into accounting software.
- Run various distributor cost and vendor cost reports to obtain listing of costs which have been assigned a generic/non-specific showcode.
- Obtain applicable supporting documentation and/or explanation for each generic coded cost.
- Reassign generic coded costs to the proper show codes and label codes.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Remote part-time minimum 20 hours per week; can fluctuate during royalty statement cycles
- College degree: BA or BS in Business, Accounting or Paralegal program
- Paralegal, Business Management or Royalty Accounting experience preferably in the music, digital media or publishing industry
- Experience with performing contract reviews and extracting key terms and clauses
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
- Experience with music or publishing-based royalty systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, V-lookup and pivot tables
- Proactive business friendly style in written and verbal communication with a keen sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Inquisitive and excellent at finding more efficient processes and tracking down root cause of errors and missing information
- Prides self in performing review for completeness and accuracy of financial and non-financial data
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Diversity & Inclusion:
Partisan Records is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.