At Pandora, we’re a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery.
People – the listeners, the artists, and our employees – are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We are seeking an individual with expertise, experience and deep passion for country music; as well as a vision for country music across streaming radio, on demand, and custom content platforms.
The person in this role will curate genre radio stations and on demand playlists, develop the country library, and create editorial content. The ideal candidate brings experience in terrestrial radio, digital radio, editorial and/or playlisting.
This Curator Programmer is responsible for country music on Pandora, the largest streamer of country music in the world. They will be responsible for creating new and innovative culturally relevant content programs, serving listeners across all tiers of service to fill programming gaps and fulfill all listener needs.
- Program Pandora’s country genre stations, mix-tapes and playlists.
- Curate and monitor performance of new material on the country genre stations and playlists.
- Listen and evaluate all content objectively, without personal bias.
- Ability to interpret analytics to inform programming strategies.
- Understand the relationship between curatorial and computational programming (the algorithm)
- Ability to create and manage song categories and programming sequences.
- Contribute to competitive analysis and recommendations.
- Develop, expand, and create new on-platform listening experiences.
- Establish and monitor metrics to evaluate country listening on Pandora.
- Provide general support for Curators & Librarians with acquisition, metadata development, and library projects.
- Produce written editorial content within the domain of country music.
- Provide programming expertise as needed in producing custom content projects.
- Identify and onboard external curators that bring value to the Pandora Country offering.
- Evaluate and recommend podcasts that appeal to the Country audience.
- Voice recorded content to be featured on Pandora stations.
- Ability to craft presentations and present to stakeholders.
- 3-5+ years’ relevant experience curating, programming country for radio, or digital service.
- Deep knowledge of current country music as well as the its history, culture, and production.
- A collaborator, a team player, a problem solver that wants to win.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a history of producing high quality editorial content.
- Ability to utilize and develop data driven metrics, and qualitative information.
- BA or BS in relevant area preferred.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In Your Email, Please Include The Following
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
The location or office to which you would like to apply
The subject of the email should read “Request for Reasonable Accommodation”.