At Pandora, we’re a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery.
People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
As the Director of Social Media you will lead the social media strategy for Pandora. You will lead the daily conversation with music fans across social media platforms; drive the development, execution and measurement of social programs; and evangelize those programs throughout the organization.
You will partner with multiple teams to develop compelling content that will be relevant and engaging for Pandora listeners. We are seeking candidates with deep expertise in social media, storytelling and digital marketing. Reporting to the VP of Marketing/Editorial Content, the responsibilities of the Director of Social Media will include:
- Social Media Strategy: Define and evangelize Pandora’s social media strategy with both internal and external partners.
- Content Development: Lead the ideation and execution of original content targeted for social distribution
- Thought Leadership: Generate all team communications/reports/strategy documents and contribute to overall marketing strategy as the social media expert
- Analytics Management: Develop core social media KPIs and drive plan to achieve them
- Digital Industry Relations: Serve as liaison to key social media platforms/partners and educate wider company on best practices
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Demonstrate content expertise while collaborating with members of the marketing, communications, artist relations, sales, product management, design, and legal teams.
- Team Management: Mentor, manage and develop a growing social media team
- BA in related field required
- 5+ years of digital content and social media experience; 10+ years of overall professional experience; 3+ years in team leadership
- Deep expertise in managing social media platforms for a media/entertainment brand
- Experience working with talent, third-party partners and contributors
- A history of performance excellence with a great balance of big-picture thinking and detailed execution
- A strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives
- Proven experience in a management role overseeing a team
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills, including executive presentations
- Experience managing multiple projects, in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Excellent copywriting/editing sensibility
- Scrappy, game for any task, and able to adapt to change
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and thought-leadership
- A very high level of intellectual curiosity
A passion for music is a plus