At Pandora, we’re a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery.
People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for a Director, Corporate Strategy to partner with our product and business leaders to define a variety of corporate and strategic planning initiatives. The position will entail driving analysis of strategic opportunities, analyzing market activity and competitive dynamics; assisting in the development of long-term strategy for Pandora initiatives; and implementing corporate and business level strategies for the company. In the role, you will drive the development and execution of innovative market entry plays, long-term growth strategy, and M&A.
You will provide strategic insight and analysis on cross-functional teams that identify, evaluate and analyze critical strategic and technical priorities. Your projects will be commissioned by senior executives, and you will regularly present your recommendations.
You will be a trusted advisor to our senior executives, and will help them make decisions about R&D investments, new market entries, business development and M&A opportunities, and other critical strategic issues.
- Uncover and structure complex business problems and opportunities
- Deliver insightful recommendations in a persuasive and thoughtful manner
- Manage v-teams spanning engineering, product and business organizations
- Mentor strategy analysts and lead creation of executive ready outputs
- Build consensus and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders
- Catalyze action against recommendations in a prompt, efficient manner
- Assist in the identification, due diligence, valuation and execution of M&A related opportunities
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem solving orientation
- Exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Relationship-builder who is solutions-oriented; strong personal initiative and good judgment
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- BA/BS with strong academic background, MBA preferred
- 8-10 experience with a top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking or private equity firm, or corporate or business strategy team
- Consumer Internet, or other consumer product, experience preferred but not required