Pack Records was forged by four artist managers with an unrelenting desire to share culture shifting music. We believe in music driven by human stories.
We founded our management company in 2016 with a mission to impact the lives of others with sound. With diverse backgrounds, our team is rooted in a hive mind structure to help ensure stability within all aspects of an artist’s career.
Our ethos is not to convince others about our artists’ talent, but to help our artists design projects that speak for themselves.
What We’re Looking For
Someone to join our Pack with the overall responsibility of managing and administering the label – ensuring that all domestic and international releases are delivered and executed smoothly. This person also needs to be comfortable helping to conceptualize and integrate marketing initiatives in tandem with the greater label team.
Pack Records is a start-up and this position is an opportunity for those with ambitions to blossom in the music industry, to gain experience and grow with us as a company. Our culture is about taking young, aspiring individuals and investing in them to cultivate the best in the industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
We believe that people are flexible and every day isn’t the same, but in general we’re looking for someone who can:
- Manage day to day relationships with label roster and their teams, including but not limited to management, publisher, business manager, attorney, publicist, and more. Efficient daily communication and information flow with these teams ensuring adherence to contractual agreements as well as maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Build and manage robust, innovative and impactful marketing campaigns for priority projects.
- Negotiate and manage marketing budgets for project campaigns
- Work in tandem with art department and management teams for all release week assets.
- Social media management for artists where applicable – ensuring website and other social media outlets are up to date.
- Maintain artist calendars and promo itineraries for artists to update label
- Track pre- and post-release drivers and successes in internal and external priority campaign marketing documents and recaps
- Liaise with label operations lead on all distribution partner communications.
- Collect, verify, and ingest release assets to DSPs and social platforms.
- Assist with all administrative needs across label founders
- Assist in sourcing and reviewing A&R ideas for label signings
Who You Are
A person can’t be reduced to a set of bullets, but ideally you’re:
- A self-driven problem solver and leader with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative; must work well with a remote team initially during COVID-19.
- Willing to try, not afraid to fail. You need a willingness to learn and master unfamiliar skills. We operate in a unique, non-traditional way and require you to adapt to our operations. We are after learning and embrace that failure is a part of that process.
- A people person. You’re outgoing, like networking, taking initiative and are often found at industry events and shows. You have an existing network of industry professionals and artists.
- Comfortable with using all forms of web data to execute music campaigns
- An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person.
- Resourceful and a go-getter. You’re diligent and do not wait to be told what to do. You don’t mind working late or doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- An excitement to learn. The marketing, social and paid landscape is constantly changing. You need to have a finger on the pulse of the industry and digital space and be excited to learn about its evolution. Do you think about ways you can change the industry on the weekend?
- Passionate about the future of music in terms of artist development and deal structures
- In touch with your spirit animal
- Willing to take calls and respond to emails outside of office hours – flexibility is key
- Looking to eventually take the job of one of our four founding partners
- A good person with 1-2 references
- No conflict of interest with Pack activities: we ask full commitment from the members of our pack and do not accept artist management, publishing or label activities on the side while working with us.
The Benefits of Working With Us
Location: New York, NY / Remote during COVID-19 Pandemic
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Flexible PTO, Fitness & Wellbeing Perks
Experience Level: Minimum 2 years in the Music Industry
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Want to join the pack?
Submit your resume and cover letter explaining your experience in the industry, your history working (or not working) within a label ecosystem, and what makes you a unique fit for this role. Tell us about a recent EP/LP campaign that stood out to you and why. We’ll get back to you soon.