The Orchard has an immediate opening for a label manager in its London office.
Managing key relationships, you will be the first point of contact for a number of labels, artists and managers.
Working with internal and external teams, you will advise, create and coordinate effective and bespoke campaigns, over a number of different labels and projects and across different musical genres.
You must have a strong understanding of both digital and physical retail requirements and a minimum of two years’ experience in a distributor environment.
A keen eye for detail and a love for all types of music is a must. Your professional and confident approach will enable you to build and maintain strong relationships with labels, artist management, as well as key external partners, agencies and suppliers.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships for a varied portfolio of clients.
- Liaise with all internal departments, from operations, product and marketing to finance, legal and management to ensure all clients’ business needs are met.
- Budgeting, asset management, scheduling of releases, coordination of promotional hires, overseeing all represented retail marketing and sales areas – physical, digital, UK and International.
- Manage physical product logistics, including co-ordination of manufacturing when required and ensuring all stock requirements and deadlines are satisfied.
- Proof all digital metadata using Orchard technology systems to ensure all releases are delivered to required specifications.
- Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments, including retail marketing, interactive marketing and advertising.
- Supply Sales Departments with all materials necessary for selling releases into retail with maximum impact.
- Expedite ‘best practice’ in all aspects of campaign execution.
- Initiate and supervise integrated, cost effective and profitable D2C campaigns.
- Act as a source of guidance to drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the label base.
- Represent The Orchard at events and conferences as required.
- Keep abreast of all industry developments and be ready to utilise this knowledge in your day to day work and advice to labels.
Attributes and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a music distributor environment.
- A strong understanding of digital distribution, metadata requirements and digital marketing.
- Highly experienced in the creation and distribution life cycle of physical releases and associated deadlines from production through release date.
- Established relationships with a variety of publicists, press and radio companies.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally, and the capacity to identify key relationships and develop them accordingly.
- A willingness to approach new areas of business, with a positive and considered attitude.
- Awareness of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- Strong industry network and relationships within the independent label space.
- Passionate about music, specialist knowledge of dance & electronic desirable.
- Fluent in English, additional languages desirable but not essential.
- Able to travel as required.
To apply please send a cover letter, CV and current salary to email@example.com.
The Orchard is a pioneering music and video distribution company operating in more than 30 global markets. We provide innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing solutions for content owners working with such diverse artists such as Skepta, The Cribs, Jason Isbell and Run The Jewels. With an industry-leading technology platform, The Orchard’s creative and tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and physical outlets around the world. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry.