The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Classics specialist to manage key classical label relationships across Europe and beyond. Essential to this role is an extensive knowledge of classical repertoire and a thorough understanding of classical metadata and the unique needs of classical labels and orchestras when it comes to digital operations and marketing.
Working closely with labels and Orchard marketing teams across the globe, you will advise, create and co-ordinate compelling retail and marketing campaigns. You will be the first point of contact for our classical labels, liaising on digital strategy and best practice. While a degree in music is not compulsory, a love for and knowledge of classical music and other associated genres is a must.
The Orchard is a pioneering music and film distribution company, currently celebrating 20 years in business. With industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with key classical clients from around the world, with a focus on UK and Europe.
- Liaise with various departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management to ensure all clients’ business needs are met.
- Manage product logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required internal & retailer specifications, using Orchard technology systems and external systems as required.
- Proof classical metadata on all incoming releases and provide feedback to labels where necessary. This requires a solid understanding of classical repertoire and associated retail and industry standards.
- Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary, including interactive marketing and advertising.
- Work cross functionally with classics and global marketing teams to create compelling pitches and campaigns for retail.
- Work with other team members to educate, train and assist in classical best practice as required
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the label base.
- Represent The Orchard Classics at events and conferences as required.
- Develop industry relationships in the classics space, across accounts, clients and media.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a classical label or distributor environment.
- Music degree not required, but a solid working knowledge of classical repertoire and an understanding of work and movement structure, composers, composer catalogue numbers, etc. is essential.
- A strong understanding of digital distribution and marketing (both retail and online) is required.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally, with the capacity to identify key relationships and develop them accordingly.
- Strong industry network and relationships within the classics space.
- Fluent in English with additional languages desirable.
- Able to travel as required.