The Orchard is looking for a savvy, seasoned International Artist & Label Marketing Coordinator to promote its artists and labels in Europe and beyond.
The ideal candidate’s specialty lies in creating and executing strategic marketing campaigns designed to generate publicity and awareness, build audiences, engage fans, and drive sales and revenue for new releases and catalogue titles.
They will come from a label or distribution background, have an exceptional understanding of the digital and physical space; release strategy, PR & Press, marketing, ROI and a keen interest in keeping up with the latest trends and changes within the industry.
- Supporting Director of International Artist & Label Marketing around preparation of campaign plans for assigned artists in line with best marketing and planning processes.
- Assist with setting up and running all aspects of an international artist campaign, from planning stage to implementation, working closely with the Orchards global team.
- Ensure timely delivery of aspects of the marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones.
- Responsible for keeping all relevant parties informed during the campaign though thorough reporting and excellent communication.
- Taking responsibility to provide punctual, accurate and detailed key reports – scheduled and ad-hoc
- Requesting, placing and monitoring International stock orders, oversee shipping and liaising with physical partners globally. Work with local partner on retail campaigns and activities to drive physical sales.
- Setting up physical products in internal systems.
- Using The Orchard’s internal tools and label facing platform on a daily basis.
- Work effectively to deliver an overall campaign that reflects the vision and goals of the artist management or label alongside the strategy of the agreed marketing plan.
- Communicating with management and artists on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and generally maintain a good working relationship.
- Work cross functionally with other departments (such as label management, interactive marketing, retail marketing, physical, sync) to ensure flow of information throughout the campaign and to provide new business opportunities.
- Keep aware of the trends and opportunities that provide us with a chance to market the artist effectively
- Be aware of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – organised, able to multitask, prioritise and maintain deadlines.
- Clear understanding of the present market situation, good knowledge of international markets, the rapidly evolving digital/physical economy, and knowledge of the technology and tools available.
- Good listening skills. Capacity to engage, willingness to learn and to share ideas, positive attitude.
- Adaptability to evolving workload and flexibility in job scope. Team player.
- English required with a second language desirable
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel)
- Must be self-motivated, highly organised with the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
To apply please send a cover letter, CV and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Orchard, a pioneering music and video distribution company operating in more than 30 global markets, provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners working with such diverse artists such as Skepta, The Cribs, Jason Isbell and Run The Jewels. With industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard’s creative, tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, as well as physical retailers in North America and Europe. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry