The Orchard has an immediate opening for an Oslo-based territory lead. The position will lead the local team and act as relationship, strategy, and label manager for key labels in Norway.
Driving efficient communication and best practices, setting and attaining goals, developing staff, and articulating and operationalizing the company’s value proposition are critical to the candidate’s success. The role will also maintain high level relationships across the industry.
The ideal candidate will successfully elevate the company’s revenue and profile within the current client and retail base, and act as primary conduit for new business opportunities to drive the business.
- Manage relationships with distributed music clients across a variety of genres, including high touch frontline and high volume catalogue labels.
- Manage day-to-day retail relationships and present marketing pitches to all local digital music services in Norway, following established Orchard pitch process.
- Manage and coordinate all local office and HR related matters (vacation planning, equipment requirements, and any other office requirements, etc.)
- Liaise and coordinate between finance HQ and local accountants on day to day accounting matters as well as terms negotiation whether client or HR related with legal HQ.
- Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary.
- Manage local label release communication and logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the client base.
- Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required.
- Assist with content acquisition and business development.
- Liaise with various internal departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management, to ensure all client and retail partner business needs are met.
Qualifications / Experience
- Strong experience and understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape.
- Experience within a label or distribution company managing catalogues, frontline releases and relationships.
- Expertise using content management systems and digital metadata across a variety of genres.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Norwegian and English, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally.
- Passionate about Independent music, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and able to travel internationally.
About The Orchard
The Orchard, a pioneering independent music and video distribution company operating in 30 global markets, provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard’s creative, tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, as well as physical retailers in North America and Europe. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry.