LOS ANGELES, CA
$85,000 ‒ $115,000 Annually
Founded in 2010, ONErpm is a global music solutions company with 33 offices and studios in 22 countries. Encompassing distribution, label solutions, content production, publishing, and an innovative marketing group that includes in-house advertising and influencer agencies, ONErpm has a proven track record of providing local and global support to artists and creators at any stage of their careers. Moreover, ONErpm’s proprietary technology offers creators and content owners alike a multitude of distribution / supply chain tools, business intelligence, accounting, and global payment solutions, facilitating day-to-day operations in an increasingly complex, global, and dynamic music business environment. With an eye towards maximizing the value of music, ONErpm is a leader in new revenue opportunities and operates one of the largest YouTube Multi-Channel Networks (MCN), whose channels collectively generate over 10 billion views every month.
About The Role
ONErpm seeks to hire a Senior A&R Representative who will report to the CEO of the company. You will be part of the A&R and Business Development team and ensure that artists and label partners are supported to reach their fullest potential. You will actively source deals from your existing relationships and forge new ones. You will be responsible for meeting quarterly and annual revenue goals as well as be data-driven to assess earning potentials.
- Drive new business development by identifying and attracting higher tier artists, engaging their managers, and closing agreements with artists.
- Identify prospective ONErpm artists, artist managers, catalogs and labels; and onboard them to our platform.
- Set metrics for new client/artist acquisition and cascade SMART goals to each junior A&R on the team.
- Prioritize data-driven analysis for deals ; this will include a review of financial projections to justify talent acquisition and earning potential
- Demonstrate financial accountability with a continuous monitor of earning potentials.
- Support Junior A&Rs in their ability to structure, negotiate and close deals.
- Leverage network of music business relationships to uncover new opportunities for expansion, and leverage intentional networking skills to access new contacts and expand relationships.
- Serve as a voice and spokesperson for ONErpm in LA staying active and visible at events and on panels.
- Continuously improve existing processes or create new processes that support efficiency, creativity, collaboration and achievement of company goals.
- Music industry expert with at least 7 years of experience in A&R, business development, and/or directly contributing to the growth of labels, artist management firms, distributors or other relevant segments of the music ecosystem.
- Strong business and financial acumen, including prior experience meeting or exceeding revenue and profitability targets.
- Track record of business development success in music, and/or in label or artist acquisition/relations at a distributor, and/or success in other relevant facets of the music industry.
- Strong analytics and an understanding of deal economics, projections, and valuations
- Established relationships across the ecosystem with artists, managers, DSPs and other partners, and will have a track record of getting things done.
- Demonstrated prospecting, relationship building, creative deal structuring and negotiation skills.
- Degree in music business, business, finance or relevant field of study or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Open minded empowering leader who creates an atmosphere that attracts diverse ideas, artists, colleagues and partners.
- Highest level of integrity, resourcefulness, resilience and work ethic.
Equal Opportunity and DEI
ONErpm is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
The job description above is intended to set forth the general nature of the work that will be expected of the person who takes on this role. The job description is not, however, meant to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities required for this role. From time to time, all personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.