ONErpm is a growing global data-driven music business solutions provider with approximately 400 colleagues across the world, with significant presence in Brazil, the U.S., Mexico, Colombia, Nigeria, Russia and other markets. The company’s business model revolves around artist discovery and development and offers three levels of service to meet the needs of creators at any stage of their career. A relationship-drive solution, ONErpm provides hands-on, bespoke, curated, creative, marketing and career development solutions to qualified artists who need more than digital distribution.
The Head of Marketing, US will report to the Founder & CEO and be an integral part of ONErpm’s senior leadership team. They will lead and develop a team of Project Managers assigned by genre, as well as lead a team of Marketing Specialists assigned to Direct-to-Fan, DSP, Advertising, Design, Social Media and other areas and work cross-functionally with colleagues at all levels.
- Set standards and tools that enable repeatable, world class marketing campaigns for artists, catalogs and new releases that drive music discovery, audience acquisition and engagement, and streaming consumption.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Project Managers and Marketing Specialists, and coach and develop them to be effective team players cross-functionally with A&R and other colleagues.
- Lead efforts to align artist on-line presence and marketing with overall project goals.
- Create marketing partnerships and build compelling initiatives with DSPs and other platforms.
- Lead the marketing team with an emphasis on data analytics to make strategic and data-driven decisions.
- Lead Project Managers to continuously upskill as they develop and manage marketing plans for artist releases.
- Empower Marketing Specialists to stay engaged with and ahead of the fast-evolving DSP, D2F, social media, digital, metaverse and other environments where music is promoted and consumed.
- Take a conscious approach to leading and developing staff, setting strategy and goals, and ensuring accountability and growth.
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of the marketing and communications strategy, including social media, print and digital content and email marketing.
- Be seen as an approachable marketing partner by ONErpm’s external artist, manager, label, social media and DSP partners.
- Provide escalated support to the marketing teams, and be available to artists, and artist management regarding marketing activities when needed.
- Work closely with A&R and other creative departments to identify commercial applications.
- Ensure that individual campaign activities support, contribute to, and are consistent with ONErpm’s brand identity and quality standards.
- Contribute to specific company brand and marketing initiatives, and provide thought leadership, standardization, and creative and execution leadership to colleagues involved in any activities that support and develop the ONErpm brand.
- Lead institutional marketing initiatives that elevate the ONErpm brand in the U.S.
- Establish, track and report on success and learning metrics for each marketing project or campaign, metrics for each member of the team, and for the department overall.
- Music marketing expert with at least 10 years of advancing responsibility in artist and release marketing experience from labels, artist management firms, music distributors, DSPs or other segments of the music ecosystem.
- 5 or more years of experience directly managing 5 or more staff.
- Diversified marketing experience including campaign strategy, artist brand, brand partnerships, DSP/streaming, social media and digital, influencer marketing, consumer insights and analytics.
- Well-rounded understanding of streaming, paid and earned media, ecommerce and marketing analytics, as well as traditional disciplines such as publicity, tour marketing and radio.
- Strong command of well established and emerging platforms where music is used: everything from YouTube and Spotify to the next TikTok and Peloton.
- Strong business, marketing budgeting and marketing ROI acumen.
- Strong relationships across the ecosystem with artists, managers, DSPs, brand partners, media outlets, and social media outlets and other partners, and will have a track record of getting things done.
- Hungry, hands-on, lead-by-example manager who is both people oriented and quantitative.
- Degree in music business, business, marketing or relevant field of study or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Open-door leader with an active commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Highest level of integrity, resourcefulness, resilience and work ethic.
Competitive salary, incentive and benefits will be offered, commensurate with the role and the final hire’s experience.
Equal Opportunity & DEI
ONErpm is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
The job description above is intended to set forth the general nature of the work that will be expected of the person who takes on this role. The job description is not, however, meant to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities required for this role. From time to time, all personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.