ONErpm is a growing global data-driven music business solutions provider with approximately 400 colleagues across the world, with significant presence in Brazil, the U.S., Mexico, Colombia, Nigeria, Russia and other markets.
The company’s business model revolves around artist discovery and development and offers three levels of service to meet the needs of creators at any stage of their career. A relationship-driven solution, ONErpm provides hands-on, bespoke, curated, creative, marketing and career development solutions to qualified artists who need more than digital distribution.
The GM, Nashville (the GM) will report to the CEO and the Head of A&R, U.S. and lead ONErpm’s Nashville team, and lead accelerated growth for the company in Nashville, and in the Country, Christian and Gospel genres nationally. The role will lead business development and direct and develop the Nashville marketing and A&R teams, manage the Nashville P&L, develop new business and ensure that artists and other partners are supported to reach their fullest potential more quickly. The new hire will actively source deals from their existing relationships and forge new relationships, and upskill the Nashville team, while taking ONErpm’s value proposition to the right decision makers, and elevating ONErpm’s positioning.
- Set overall creative and business direction and goals for the Nashville operation, including creative positioning, and revenue and profitability goals.
- Drive new business development by identifying and attracting artists, engaging their managers, representing the value proposition of the ONErpm platform and service model, and closing agreements with artists.
- Lead A&R team in strategies to identify prospective ONErpm artists, artist managers, catalogs and labels; match them to the appropriate tier; and onboard them to the platform.
- Instill a growth mindset in staff, helping them see a vision for what is possible, and coaching them through a path to achieving it.
- Set metrics for new client/artist acquisition and cascade SMART goals to each A&R on the team.
- Upskill A&Rs in their ability to structure, negotiate and close deals.
- Lead marketing and other label services staff to deliver high impact digital and promotional services to signed artists, catalogs and labels.
- Coach and resource staff to meet the nuanced need of each artist based on career level, genre, audience and other dimensions.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and set subjective and objective performance goals.
- Establish standard accountabilities for release and project management, track progress on each project and hold employees accountable for their roles in their assigned projects.
- Take a deliberate, equitable approach to assess, manage and develop each employee to reach their highest potential.
- Create an inclusive, inspiring environment that ensures employees are motivated and productive.
- Be an approachable leader who staff use as resources in escalated matters with artists, managers, labels and DSPs.
- Leverage network of music business relationships to uncover new opportunities for expansion, and leverage intentional networking skills to access new contacts and expand relationships.
- Serve as a voice and spokesperson for ONErpm in the Nashville and Country Music communities, staying active and visible at events and on panels.
- Continuously improve existing processes or create new processes that support efficiency, creativity, collaboration and achievement of company goals.
- Music industry expert with at least 10 years of experience directly contributing to the growth of labels, artist management firms, distributors or other relevant segments of the music ecosystem.
- 5 or more years of experience directly managing 5 or more staff.
- Ambitious leader who aims high, takes appropriate risks and leads teams and organization to a new level.
- Strong business and financial acumen, including prior experience meeting or exceeding revenue and profitability targets.
- Track record of business development success in music, and/or in label or artist acquisition/relations at a distributor, and/or success in other relevant facets of the music industry.
- Experience successfully managing and growing high performing teams in the music business.
- Strong relationships across the ecosystem with artists, managers, DSPs and other partners, and will have a track record of getting things done.
- Demonstrated prospecting, relationship building, creative deal structuring and negotiation skills.
- Degree in music business, business, finance or relevant field of study or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Open minded empowering leader who creates an atmosphere that attracts diverse ideas, artists, colleagues and partners.
- Open-door leader with an active commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Highest level of integrity, resourcefulness, resilience and work ethic.
Competitive salary, incentive and benefits will be offered, commensurate with the role and the final hire’s experience.
Equal Opportunity and DEI
ONErpm is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
The job description above is intended to set forth the general nature of the work that will be expected of the person who takes on this role. The job description is not, however, meant to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities required for this role. From time to time, all personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.