Associate Creative Director, One Republic Records
A division of Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company, Republic Records is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Black Thought, Drake, Florence + the Machine, Greta Van Fleet, Hailee Steinfeld, Jack Johnson, James Blake, James Bay, Jessie J, John Mellencamp, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, Lorde, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Of Monsters and Men, Pearl Jam, Post Malone, Seth MacFarlane, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd and more.
Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it is also comprised of innovative business ventures, including American Recordings, Boominati Worldwide, Brushfire, Casablanca Records, Cash Money, Lava Records, XO, Young Money, among others. Republic also maintains a long-standing strategic alliance with Universal Music Latin Entertainment (J Balvin and Karol G).
How we LEAD
Republic Records is partnered with some of the greatest creative minds and storytellers of our generation, praised for their music and marked by inspiring and meticulously planned visual eras.
Today, the predominant methods of music discovery are visual. In order to continue to build upon the legacy Republic is known for, we must be able to cater to music fans of today and build an infrastructure to continue to support our artists’ creative needs.
We are looking for individuals to usher this philosophy into the core of campaigns and the heart of the label.
How you’ll CREATE
- Work with artists on the Republic Records roster to develop holistic creative and brand strategy for campaigns.
- Provide visual branding direction across artwork, artist imaging, packaging, music content, marketing assets, content, and promotion materials, and other visual content.
- Maintain, recruit, and develop outside freelance creative talent including visual artists, graphic designers, photographers, animators, video directors, editors, etc. to incorporate into artist ecosystem.
- Collaborate with marketing and digital departments to create compelling artist single and album rollout strategy and visual campaigns.
- Work collaboratively internally and externally to bring artist brand and music campaign narratives to life.
- Develop and manage creative process from concept to completion. Ensure timely delivery of assets and associated deadlines.
- Contribute to the direction of the Republic Brand across Advertising, Events, Product, and Artwork.
- Communicate / Direct imaging and branding specifics for each artist / project to key business departments.
- Commission and negotiate fees for photo shoots including photographers, stylists, make-up artist, prop stylists, and hair stylists.
- Provide art direction to internal and freelance creative talent such as designers and photographers.
- Design compelling pitch decks for label and artist pitches.
Bring your VIBE
- Proficient in Digital, Social, AV, and Print advertising formats and top of class design benchmarks.
- Experience working directly with talent and creators to collaborate on campaigns.
- Experience managing high-volume creative and multiple campaign types in parallel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, in particular
- Photoshop and InDesign.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.