ONE LITTLE INDEPENDENT RECORDS – HEAD OF FINANCE
One Little Independent Records are seeking an experienced music business accountant.
Candidates should have 5+ years’ post qualification experience at a record label, music publisher, or similar business, ideally including experience of royalty accounting.
Reporting directly to the OLI GM. This role is based in our South London offices.
The OLI group of companies includes OLI Records, Crass Records , OLI Publishing, OLI management and Second Wind Digital Ltd
OLI has been working and operating for over 40 years and of OLI Records, and the current roster includes Bjork, Asgeir, Poppy Ackroyd , Gabriel Olafs , Arny Margret, Bad Breeding, and God Damn.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE
- Managing the finance and royalties department.
- Supporting and developing the finance team; managing a team of 3 people
- Financial planning, projections, analysis, and strategy.
- Ensuring that company financial systems are robust and support current activities and future growth; managing upgrades and development.
- Management of the year end, statutory accounts, and audit process.
- Month end reporting for all OLI group entities; group consolidation, variance analysis, detailed reviews and operational analysis (stock reviews, debtor / creditor days).
- Oversee day-to-day accounts processes; ledgers, payments, credit
- control, bank recs, payroll, inter-company reconciliations.
- Cash Flow forecasting and management.
- Managing budgets.
- Oversee timely and accurate royalty accounting, including mechanical, artist, and producer royalty statements, and systems development.
- Liaise with legal department across all business affairs aspects, especially artist contracts, licensing deals, and international agreements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional accounting qualification.
- At least five years post qualification experience; ideally in a record company, publisher, or other music related business.
- Great leadership, communication, and motivational skills.
- Highly numerate & analytical, with advanced spread-sheet skills.
- Strong systems experience, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- Experience of processing and organising large data sets.
- Ideally will have familiarity with common recording deal structures, royalty calculations and royalty software and have an understanding of contracts.
- Ability to prepare, summarise and interpret analytics in a concise, digestible and usable manner.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Knowledge of Sage 50 pro
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter as separate attachment with the subject ‘Head of Finance’, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 28th Oct 2020. We look forward to hearing from you.