Sync & Licensing Manager
One House is looking for a Sync & Licensing Manager to join our fast growing independent label.
As Sync and Licensing Manager, you will procure opportunities to place our catalogue across all media formats, including Film, TV, Video Games, Advertising including emerging media formats. You will be responsible for managing our existing relationships across sync and licensing, as well as building and maintaining new relationships with music supervisors and other music buyers.
Reporting to the Head of Recorded Music, you will work closely with our A&R, Label and Product Managers across all our repertoire.
ABOUT ONE HOUSE
Securing a #1 single within 9 months of launching it’s Recorded Music Division One House is building a community of creators and artists. We exist to empower creative people as entrepreneurs to own their intellectual property while pursuing artistic and commercial success on their own terms.
Our vision is to reshape the architecture of the creative industries to put equity-ownership and self-determination in the hands of a new generation of uncompromising, independent, globally successful creators.
SYNC & CREATIVE DUTIES
- Actively pitch One House roster of artists and catalogue to the film, tv, advertising, & video game community to procure syncs and bespoke compositions.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with music supervisors, music buyers and other key creative industry people (including CRM tracking).
- Research and procure commercial and promotional opportunities for our one-stop catalogue.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including publishing team, label team and roster of artist clients;
- Attend industry events such as conferences, panels, showcase and mixers to stay current and aware of upcoming sync opportunities;
- Manage relationship with US sync agent to proactively pitch and promote our catalogue increase sync deals
- Support and contribute to new business initiatives including involvement with A&R process and growing the roster;
- Plan and execute strategic marketing campaigns by way of email blasts, samplers, artist showcases, etc.; with our Publishing Assistant, communicate with labels, artists and managers to obtain advance music assets, instrumentals and help manage all music by maintaining and updating databases (DISCO);
LICENSE ADMINISTRATION DUTIES
- Oversee and track the conclusion of license deals with Head of Recorded, BA and Finance;
- Document, track and maintain all inbound briefs and sync requests and fulfilment in Monday;
- Generate monthly reporting to communicate status of Sync business, including department goals/projections, confirmed uses, outstanding payments and general sync highlights (contribution to weekly Monday meeting and Friday company newsletter).
- Previous experience of two years of synchronisation and licensing experience, preferably at a record label or publisher.
- Experience in negotiating licensing agreements or sales and ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Existing relationships with music supervisors;
- A passion for dance and electronic music is a plus, and passion for music a must;
- Able to work well under pressure, autonomously, and manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritise them effectively and appropriately while adhering to short deadlines and maintaining accountability
- Comfortable with networking events, frequent travel and representing the company at conferences and trade events;
- Excellent analytical, data-focused and organisational background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Microsoft Office / Adobe Photoshop / Audio and Video Editing Software
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about our businesses;
- Appetite to build and lead a team.