Omnian Music Group is home to the independent record labels Captured Tracks, Sinderlyn and 2MR.
We are seeking a Production Manager to oversee all aspects of manufacturing physical products for the label group as well as handle logistics, inventory management and archiving from our Brooklyn office and warehouse.
- Handle all product manufacturing and product development in collaboration with the design and project management team
- Maintain production calendar and schedule and communicate deadlines to project managers.
- Calculate CPUs, manage and report production-related spending across all labels, both for commercial and non-commercial goods (value adds, signed inserts, etc)
- Using past sales data and other figures, formulate suggestions of quantities, variants and formats for pressings and re-presses
- Reference metadata across a variety of platforms, including spreadsheets and our catalog management system
- Proof artwork alongside project managers and ensure accurate label copy, communicating needs to graphics designers
- Quality control on all physical products to make sure they meet our specifications and standards
- Manage global shipping and logistics of physical product including stock movement to & from manufacturers, distribution and D2C warehouses, artists on tour and other drop shipments.
- Inventory management and stock control across worldwide distribution and D2C.
- Regularly report and analyze distributor warehouse fees, requesting threshold increases and recycling of stock with certificate of destruction when appropriate
- Maintaining catalog represses and specs for limited editions
- Maintenance and entry of all new products to the physical archiv
- Setting up and maintenance of our D2C products
- Continue to grow and manage our relationships with manufacturing plants and brokers
- Regular communication with our distributors and e-commerce partners
- Lead the production and artist copies meetings. Join other regular team meetings and represent the viewpoint of physical production, making sure considerations such as production timelines, distribution logistics, manufacturing costs, and more are considered in decision-making
- Take requests for, and coordinate, Tour/Webstore Copies from Artists
- Stay up to date on any industry advancements in physical music products, their production
- Experience in the production of physical music formats and merchandise such as Vinyl, CD, Tape, T-shirts, and more.
- Extremely detail-focused and organized, with a strong awareness of deadlines and time management
- A clear and conscious communicator with the confidence to both contribute to and lead meetings
- Proficient in Google Sheets, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of genres relevant to our record labels
- Existing relationships with pressing plants and brokers
- Additional Basic layout and editing skills with Adobe Suite
- Point of sale experience
- Indie music retail experience
- Working record label markets
- Warehouse experience
- Pressing plant experience
- Existing relationships with stores and our current partners
Position Type: Full-Time, In-person
Location: Brooklyn, USA
Reporting to: Director of Global Sales
The pay range for this position is commensurate with experience within the range of $50,000 – 60,000 per year and our benefits for full-time employees include a contribution towards healthcare and paid vacation days per year as well as public holidays, winter break and summer fridays. Prospective candidates should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked to provide proof of vaccination.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Furthermore we strive to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees & artists on our rosters.
Please send Resumes to email@example.com with the subject heading: Production Manager position by EOD November 13th.