Captured Tracks/Omnian Music Group is looking for an experienced publicist based in NYC with approximately 5 years experience to start immediately.
Must know indie music press with potential for “breakout” type artists and have a good feel for reissues/catalog as well as promoting the companies’ brands.
Reports to: Owner
Supported by: Publicity Intern(s) with possible Junior P/R rep. in the future.
Interfaces with: Project Managers, A&R, Sales/Marketing, Artists/Managers, Radio and Tour. Sometimes assisting Third Party P/R Reps.
Start Date: ASAP
To direct and oversee all aspects of publicity for the Label Group. Not just Captured Tracks, but Sinderlyn, 2MR, etc.
- Create and implement strategic press campaigns for each artist and release.
- Pitching appropriate media outlets for opportunities for all artists. Overseeing press indies hired on specific campaigns.
Outline of Specific Functions:
- Creating press campaigns and strategies, overseeing press indies hired, pitching for press opportunities, interfacing with other marketing team members
- Tailoring press outreach and tactics for each artist on each label and creating a strategic press campaign surrounding the album cycle.
- Ensuring press indies hired for specific campaigns are securing opportunities for artists
- Pitching appropriate media outlets for press opportunities for artists surrounding album release, tours, etc.
- Hiring bio writers, working with project managers on photo shoots for publicity shots and additional press assets
- Writing and servicing all press releases and media alerts for all artists on roster announcing album news, tours, asset premieres, etc.
- Being on site for any press opportunities with artists – i.e. interviews, media outlet office visits, TV performances, sessions
Great communication skills, good personality, ability to interact with others very well, must be able to juggle multiple projects at one time, ability to work under pressure, flexibility to work non-office hours, great writing skills, ability to build and cultivate relationships with managers, artists and media.
Commensurate with experience.