The Official Charts Company are owners and operators of the UK music and video sectors’ Official Charts and industry data – as featured on BBC Radio 1, MTV and across the national media. Through our media partnerships, the Official Charts’ icon is seen by more than 34m consumers every week.
OfficialCharts.com is also one of the UK’s fastest growing consumer music websites, boasting a 2.5m-strong monthly audience of active, engaged music fans of all genres, breaking chart news, features and exclusive video interviews with Number 1 artists, and offering the definitive online chart history database. Official Charts also has nearly 700k social media followers across all platforms.
Working at Official Charts will give the candidate unprecedented access to the music and film industry. Whether it is attending the Brit Awards or the Mercury Music Prize or meeting record labels and management, the candidate will become part of one of the most important organisations in the UK Music Industry.
Purpose of the role
The successful candidate will work with our commercial team to manage existing revenues and develop new income streams for the Official Charts media brand, and have full commercial responsibility for officialcharts.com, reporting to the Official Charts’ Commercial Director.
To develop strategy and grow revenues for Official Charts’ media brand, through:
Management of third-party ad sales relationships. Including:
- Maintaining Yield
- Ensuring partner optimisation
Commercialising OfficialCharts.com online audience, by:
- Growing our direct sell inventory
- Building relationships with network partners, SSPs, Trade Desks and Agencies
- Communicating Official Charts.com offering to agencies/ media buying market
- Manage existing sponsorship deals
Initiating and building new commercial/digital opportunities through sponsored content and partnership deals
- Act as the day-to-day point of liaison for all 3rd party ad partners
- Managing our relationships with 3rd party ad sales partners to ensure we are maximising revenues, optimising inventory use, managing competing formats and driving up CPMs
- Grow our direct sell business – full end to end responsibility for this process from selling to advertisers through to managing the delivery
- Develop and deliver brand partnerships and sponsorships (in partnership with brand/content team):
- around key editorial calendar moments (e.g. Christmas Number 1)
- through development of content packages around existing assets (e.g. Official Vinyl Chart, Official Streaming Chart etc)
- through creation of new content/functionality (e.g. sessions, premium interviews, feature series)
Manage existing sponsorship deals with on the Official
- Afrobeats Chart and Official Americana chart
- Manage reporting / forecasting of all digital revenue streams – advertising, affiliates
- Manage and develop revenues from affiliate partnerships – music, tickets, merchandise etc.
- Be a brand ambassador and attend industry events e.g. MadFest, Independent Publisher Alliance events
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- 3 – 5 years of digital advertising/partnership sales with some commercial strategy experience
- Strong knowledge on programmatic and digital advertising environments
- Knowledge of the digital advertising landscape and ad tech partners
- Knowledge of trends and technical changes, e.g. Core Weeb Vitals
- Creative thinker with ability to conceptualise and develop pitch-winning creative solutions
- Eye for detail, and an analytical approach to growing site revenue
- Ability to successfully deliver projects as part of a small team with a start-up ethos
- Strong analytical skills – ability to synthesise data into key learnings and insights
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach
- Ability to manage a portfolio of commercial activity in a fast-moving environment
- Results-driven individual with a track record of success
- Strong team player with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Articulate and confident communicator/presenter
- Quarterly bonus structure
- Uncapped commission on over achievement of budget
- Excellent company benefits – private healthcare, life assurance, personal pension contribution and annual travel loan
- Flexible/ hybrid working with an office based in Soho
- We are open to both full time and fractional options, if appropriate
- The Official Charts Company is passionate about encouraging the best possible and most talented people to join the team – regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or political beliefs.
If you like the sound of what you see we’d love to chat. Please submit your CV and a note as to why you think you’d be just who we need to see!