The Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs will handle all music licensing matters on behalf of TouchTunes and PlayNetwork businesses.
This includes managing the Music Licensing team, liaising with and providing legal guidance to other departments in regard to domestic and international licensing issues (including Finance, Marketing, Business Development and Product Development) and assisting the General Counsel on special projects as needed.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Draft and negotiate domestic and international digital music license agreements with record labels, music publishers and societies, including within the United States and internationally.
- Manage the licensing team ensuring all agreements are properly handled and communicated to relevant departments
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management in developing and implementing new business strategies with respect to new products and additional territories
- Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations, including the participation in the development and implementation of contract-related policies, procedures and reporting.
- Act as internal digital music licensing expert to both PlayNetwork and TouchTunes on current licensing laws and industry policies and practices as well as actively evaluating the potential impact of future legislation and industry changes and innovations.
What you bring to the table:
- J.D. and active license to practice law in New York State
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability motivate, coach and empower a team to perform at the highest level.
- Strong negotiating, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with outside attorneys, senior management, and general staff
- Sound and practical business judgement
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
- Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Discretion is a must. This role requires a high level of confidentiality in all communications
- Leads by example and exemplifies the company’s Core Values in actions and behaviors
- Deductive & Inductive Reasoning – The ability to apply rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form rules or conclusions.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion — Strong influencing skills with the ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Oral/Written Comprehension & Expression – The ability to listen to, understand, and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken or written words.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Octave Music Group (“Octave Group” or “the Company”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Octave Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.