Octave Music Group, Inc. is transforming the way businesses use music, content and technology to engage consumers in shared spaces.
Our offerings are comprised of TouchTunes, the largest in-venue interactive music platform featured in over 75,000 bars and restaurants across North America and Europe, and PlayNetwork, the leading global provider of music and branded media for customer experience.
As of 2017, we reach more than 100 million consumers every day in 127+ countries around the world through 450+ brands, 185,000 locations and 2,500 local partners.
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs will draft and negotiate music license agreements on behalf of TouchTunes and PlayNetwork businesses.
The role will also liaise with and provide guidance to other departments (including finance, marketing, business development and product development).
- Draft and negotiate music license agreements with record labels, music publishers and societies, including within the United States and internationally
- Work closely with the rest of the department to ensure all agreements are accurately summarized and communicated to relevant departments
- Provide advice and guidance in developing and implementing new business strategies with respect to new products and additional territories
- Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations, including the participation in the development and implementation of contract-related policies, procedures and reporting
- J.D. and active license to practice law in New York State
- At least 3 years’ related experience
- Must possess music industry knowledge, including basic knowledge with respect to international markets
- Strong negotiating, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with outside attorneys, senior management, and general staff
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, self-manage tasks, set priorities and multi-task
- Sound and practical business judgement
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
- Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Discretion is a must. This role requires a high level of confidentiality in all communications
- Leads by example and exemplifies the Company Values in actions and behaviors
- Inspires others through his/her professionalism and work integrity
- Responds creatively to “continuous change” and steady growth environment
- Solutions-oriented team player
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Self-Starter: seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
- Participates in the building and maintaining of a positive and healthy organizational culture
- Results-oriented, goal driven attitude
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Ability to perform primarily sedentary work standing or sitting (for 6 hours per day), frequently using a computer (visual acuity, fine motor skills) and telephone (talking/hearing)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Octave Music Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.