London, NW5 / Hybrid
Ochre is a retail services company helping labels, artists, distributors and brands to sell to their fans. We work with labels and brands including Warp Records, Ninja Tune, Partisan Records, Dirty Hit, Anjuna and many, many more. As we expand and develop new services and products we want people in all areas of our business who are highly skilled and passionate about what they do.
We are looking for a Finance Director to join the team. A new role within the business, the Finance Director will be responsible for ensuring a robust finance function within Ochre and provide strategic financial guidance to key stakeholders. They will be central to future financial planning, financial modelling and fundraising initiatives.
Joining the business at a time of growth and change, the Finance Director will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s finance function is meeting the changing requirements of the business as it scales. They will business partner with the Managing Director and ensuring efficient and effective financial service across the business. This requires offering sound financial and budgetary advice to stakeholders, identifying opportunities and implementing improvements. They will be actively involved in managing external stakeholders, such as investors, lawyers and external accountants.
They will be responsible for process development and organisational change to ensure efficient and robust financial processes that can support our growing client base and expanding range of products. Candidates should have a genuine desire to get ‘under the bonnet’ and understand every aspect of our business.
- Identify the requirements of the finance function of the business and ensure these needs are met.
- Strategic financial planning, financial modelling and supporting fundraising initiatives.
- Structure and oversee financial risk management and ensure compliance with finance governance and taxation requirements.
- Overseeing a robust forecasting and budgetary process.
- Developing controls and processes within the finance function and building a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that accurate and timely financial information is available to shareholders and directors.
Required skills and experience include:
- Strong commercial acumen
- The ability to craft a story from numbers.
- Ability to work with and present data to technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- A critical but pragmatic approach, suited to a growing business.
- Change management and the implementation of finance tools and processes used across the business
An ideal candidate would also have:
- Previous experience working within retail or technology sectors.
- Experience of global tax compliance and reporting.
Candidates should be a Qualified accountant (ACMA,ACA,ACCA) and have previous FD/CFO experience.