London, NW5 / Hybrid
Ochre is a retail services company helping labels, artists, distributors and brands to sell to their fans. We work with labels and brands including Warp Records, Ninja Tune, Partisan Records, Dirty Hit, Anjuna and many, many more. As we expand and develop new services and products we want people in all areas of our business who are highly skilled and passionate about what they do.
Ochre is looking for a new Financial Controller to join the team. This role is responsible for the day-to-day running of the finance business unit, including managing the financial control, preparation of timely and accurate financial information for senior management, and transaction processing.
They should be a self-starter with the confidence to help shape the needs of the business and be a key part of the ongoing development of our finance function. Working with the senior leadership and other teams across the business they will work to manage efficient and robust financial processes that can support our growing client base and expanding range of products.
- Creating weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Ensuring monthly accounting processes are completed in a timely manner and are continuously improved.
- Managing cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Managing relationships with external partners such as payroll, tax management services etc.
- Overseeing AR and AP functions.
- Help identify and implement improvements to finance tools and systems.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate that they can lift from the day to day data, to focus on key areas and see the bigger picture. They will naturally want to understand every aspect of our business and be a highly collaborative team player.
Required skills include:
- Advanced Financial Modelling skills including Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to present data clearly and contextually
- A good understanding of P&Ls and other financial metrics
- Ability to work on own initiative and effectively prioritise and manage workload, to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both finance professionals, the wider company and external parties.
- A critical approach to the finance tools and processes used across the business and a desire for continuous improvements.
Used across the business and a desire for continuous improvements. Candidates should be a Qualified accountant (ACMA,ACA,ACCA)