Based: London, UK (remote work is possible).
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience
Apply with CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Who We Are
Ochre is a music retail and marketing platform. Ochre technology powers retail stores and artist/label platforms for leading brands in independent music. We work closely with our sister company Bleep.com and parent company Warp Records.
We pride ourselves on having a collaborative and creative working environment. Being part of a cross-disciplinary team, you will be working directly with UX designers, front-end, and back-end developers, and contributing to our design and development processes. We use an Agile framework to implement new features quickly and validate our efforts based on user feedback.
We share offices and work closely with Bleep and Warp Records. There are regular social events and opportunities to go to gigs and cultural events.
We are looking for an experienced back-end developer to join our cross-disciplinary development team. As a member of the team, you will be a central part of developing and expanding our platform. Back-end developers also have an active role in operating the cloud infrastructure and deploying new software using DevOps processes and tools, as well as taking part in regular workshops, and communicating with our clients. You will also have opportunities to share your knowledge at our regular developer workshops.
- Implement new features and bug fixes in the back-end tech stack (mostly using Java/Groovy/Grails).
- Collaborate with the product manager, designers and stakeholders throughout the product life-cycle.
- Take part in the DevOps process and implement new tools to optimise technical operations.
- Required Skills And Experience
- 5 years or more software development experience.
- Design and development of high-performance back-end stacks.
- Strong Java programming skills.
- Agile software development.
- DevOps processes, including release management.
- Relational database systems.
- Software testing best practices (unit testing, CI).
- Ability to quickly acquire technical skills and to work with new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a cross-disciplinary team.
- Proactive and eager to both learn and share knowledge.
- Grails Framework (Spring Boot based framework, using Groovy/Gradle)
- Experience in AWS cloud platform usage
- Terraform, Packer, Ansible