Title: Project Coordinator
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports to: Managing Director
The Numero Group is an archival record label that curates compilations, reissues original albums, and creates album reconstructions from a variety of musical genres. Their products include deeply researched, expertly resuscitated and lavishly packaged box sets, playlists and ephemera of historic music from the 1950s-1990s. Founded in Chicago in 2003 by Rob Sevier and Ken Shipley, for nearly 20 years Numero has committed to unearthing precious lost sounds for new audiences, with an unparalleled ear for potential and spirited eye for detail.
With hundreds of titles in our diverse catalog of LPs, CDs, cassettes, 45s, 12-inch singles and playlists, each Numero production illuminates the often herculean efforts of individuals who sang, played, recorded and peddled their art to little fanfare in its day. Through intense research and wild ideas, these songs find new life in streaming, lovingly-packaged media and placement in film and television. By self-imposed law, everything assembled by Numero is a stunning new artifact of sound, image and word.
Numero Group seeks a Project Coordinator based at their home office in Chicago. This role will work with the Managing Director, Project Managers, staff from the Production, A&R and Marketing Departments as well as external parties to assist with tasks required to complete a variety of projects. These projects range from coordinating assets and submitting purchase orders for physical releases and merch to procuring, ingesting and organizing various forms of physical media in the Chicago office and library. This position will provide a variety of support activities to further the mission statement of Numero Group in presenting music from the past to new audiences.
Working on Releases.
Coordinating with A&Rs, Audio Team, and Artists to obtain, secure, store and return assets related to releases. Some examples of this type work might include:
- Scanning a book of photos, concert posters, albums covers, etc…
- Going through a hard drive worth of concert or home videos from an artist and uploading relevant assets to the cloud,
- Conducting an interview with an artist or label owner to gain context about various forms of physical media and ephemera
- General assistance with the process of digitizing various forms of physical media and ephemera.
- Choosing a marketing name and corresponding color’s for vinyl releases
- Coordinate with Production team to provide the correct art/printing templates to artists based on where the project will print/press.
Assisting with Project Management:
- Work with the Production and Project Management Teams to digest various deadlines and deliver needed project assets by these dates.
- Populating and updating task templates to document the steps needed to complete a project in the Project Management system.
- Filling out the Project Deliverables Template in our Project Management Database.
- Noting the relevant due dates and updating and reporting on status.
- Submitting various forms of metadata into our Project Management & Distribution System, amongst others
- Making sure assets are organized and cataloged properly in file storage systems.
- Coordinate with Marketing team to assist with flagging relevant photos, video, general assets to assist with marketing activities.
Examples of Additional Projects
- Assisting with Merch Development – researching brands/styles of blanks, presenting proofs to Artists / Project Teams and overseeing the process once art is established to submitting PO.
- Special Physical Projects – Coordinate with Project Teams to finish special or limited run editions. Example – hiring a screen printer to screen print some jackets for a limited piece of merch for Pitchfork / Paved Paradise
- Going through a stack of magazines and searching for related Numero artists and scanning/cataloging articles.
- Organizing various physical assets at Numero Group’s Chicago Office.
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates:
- Strong curiosity and passion for obscure, unknown and undiscovered music across all genres
- Strong familiarity with Numero Group artists and releases
- Ability to understand, organize and prioritize information across multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with vinyl culture and physical media
- Favorable attitude towards technology at-large including databases, spreadsheets, email, calendars, etc
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great Interpersonal, written communication and teamwork skills
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/Q9TdMDDHAh1MNA1F9
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.