Title: Numero Group Office & Inventory Administrative Assistant
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports to: NG Managing Director
The Numero Group is an archival record label that curates compilations, reissues original albums, and creates album reconstructions from a variety of musical genres. Their products include deeply researched, expertly resuscitated and lavishly packaged box sets, playlists and ephemera of historic music from the 1950s-1990s.
Founded in Chicago in 2003 by Rob Sevier and Ken Shipley, for nearly 20 years Numero has committed to unearthing precious lost sounds for new audiences, with an unparalleled ear for potential and spirited eye for detail. With hundreds of titles in our diverse catalog of LPs, CDs, cassettes, 45s, 12-inch singles and playlists, each Numero production illuminates the often herculean efforts of individuals who sang, played, recorded and peddled their art to little fanfare in its day.
Through intense research and wild ideas, these songs find new life in streaming, lovingly-packaged media and placement in film and television. By self-imposed law, everything assembled by Numero is a stunning new artifact of sound, image and word.
Numero Group seeks a full time Office & Inventory Administrative Assistant for their Chicago, IL office. This role will undertake a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities relating to managing the contents and office operations as well as managing the Numero physical space. This role will report to Numero Group’s Managing Director and be in person during our office hours Monday through Friday.
- General oversight into any and all activities happening in the Troy St Office and Warehouse related to Numero Group.
- Be on site liaison for vendors, visitors and deliveries.
- Assist and check out customers at the Numero Factory Outlet during retail hours on Fridays.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized working environment including overseeing office cleaning crew and daily organization of mail, trash, boxes, supplies, etc…
- Manage general office supply & technology purchases and expenses, and submit receipts and payment requests into the system in a timely manner.
- Handle all inquiries and correspondence to and from Info, Orders and Help email inboxes.
- Organize and direct all incoming phone calls, guests, deliveries and mail.
- Update and maintain Numero Group’s contact and contract lists including vendors, contractors and artists when necessary.
- Facilitate payment requests and expense submissions in a timely manner and update in the database once paid.
- Assist with generating Monthly Reports for Inventory, Accounting, Sales.
- Coordinate with staff in other office locations to assist with inter-office visits and virtual meetings.
- Manage any ad-hoc requests or projects that might come up to assist any staff needs or building operations.
Retail & Inventory Assistant
- Receive, check in and organize stock at Troy St Office location and Numero Group Factory Outlet shop.
- Alert 3rd Party Fulfillment of any incoming shipments and follow up on inventory receipts and issues.
- Handle customer service inquiries and correspondence from ‘email@example.com’.
- Work with Managing Director and Secretly Distribution staff to coordinate shipments and stock movements in between Troy St Warehouse and Retail Store, Secretly Distribution and 3rd Party Fulfillment.
- Create and maintain new product pages for the Website, Bandcamp including updating inventory and product photos.
- When necessary, schedule and ship orders and inventory from the Numero Group office.
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates:
- 2-3 years office experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Must be highly motivated, willing to take initiative and be able to focus on many multiple on-going projects
- Discretion with confidential information
- Enthusiasm for supporting office operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel), Google Docs/Sheets, Dropbox, AirTable
- Previous music industry is experience a plus
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/TZedeGjD7hEqyZvEA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.