Numero Group seeks a Marketing Director for Chicago, IL Office
Position summary: Numero Group seeks a Marketing Director based at the headquarters office in Chicago, Illinois. This is a newly created role that will maintain the (or discover a new) voice and quality standards of the label. The Marketing Director will craft all external communications including press releases and the weekly newsletter. The Marketing Director will manage our Social Media Coordinator. This role reports to the Numero Group Managing Director
The Company: An affiliate of the highly acclaimed record label dedicated to rediscovering obscure music, recorded material, and ephemera across eras and genres. The distinct quality of reissues, compilations, and reconstructions represents deeply researched, expertly resuscitated, and lavishly packaged box sets, playlists, sync placements, and ephemera of historic music from the 1950s-2000s.
- Maintain (or discover a new) the voice and quality standards of the label
- Lead the storytelling team/figure out interesting and worthwhile stories to tell
- Craft all external communications: press releases, weekly newsletter
- Create and execute strategic marketing plans with our partners at distribution, retail and digital.
- Communicate the aesthetic of each release to the designer
- Interface with writers and provide notes, feedback, and if necessary editing to connect with Numero’s overarching standards and vision
- Manage the visual and storytelling components of our annual periodical
- Assess and apply market research data gathered from customer surveys and market feedback
- Manage and create/refine content for Numero’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and Bandcamp social platforms
- Identify and execute interesting/appropriate brand partnerships
- Budget marketing rollouts for physical releases
- Report on campaign effectiveness with previously determined KPIs
- Liaise with outside publicists
- Manage Numerogroup.com and direct office assistant in its maintenance
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Background of 4+ years experience in either the music industry or creative marketing
- Strong familiarity with the independent music ecosystem.
- A passion for vinyl culture, especially catalog and archival releases, with direct experience supporting and marketing catalog music.
- Demonstrated staff management skills including, goal setting, performance management, developmental feedback, and culture shaping.
- An inclusive, approachable style in managing and developing staff.
- Highest level of work ethic, and ethics.
- Exceptional teamwork, organization, and time management skills
- Aptitude for working long-lead projects
- Experience working with creative projects
- Ability to manage and meet strict deadlines
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
Contact: To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate, send an email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.