The Company: An affiliate of the highly acclaimed record label dedicated to rediscovering obscure music, recorded material and ephemera across eras and genres. The distinct quality of reissues, compilations and reconstructions represents deeply researched, expertly resuscitated and lavishly packaged box sets, playlists, sync placements and ephemera of historic music from the 1950s-1990s.
Position summary: Numero Group seeks a Managing Director based at the headquarters office in Chicago, Illinois. The MD will manage our team of project managers and support staff, interface directly with staff shared with integrated companies, and maintain and expand business relationships, and strategically navigate the company through an ever-changing industry. This role reports directly to the Numero Group Managing Board.
- Provide leadership to a diverse team of music professionals. Manage staff including Office Assistant & Data Entry, Communications, two Project Managers, Audio Specialist/Restoration Specialist. Work closely with the founders and their A&R staff to support and translate their creative vision for marketing, and operations staff.
- Manage the workflow between integrated companies and Numero; participate in meetings with counterparts in integrated companies and generally maintain positive, upbeat communication with our colleagues across the SG Services ecosystem
- Manage the release schedule, new releases, catalog initiatives, and brand marketing initiatives.
- Monitoring physical product stock, working closely with Production Manager, to manage production timelines.
- Work closely with Secretly Distribution on physical and digital distribution.
- Work in tandem with the Numero Group Managing Board to seek new business in both the physical and digital marketplaces and negotiate/execute agreements
- Conduct financial planning and forecasting, and provide guidance and recommendations to the Numero Group Managing Board about challenges, opportunities, and growth for the business.
- Stay abreast of the rapid evolution in mediums, channels and technologies where catalog music usage occurs, and drive innovation that allows Numero to fully anticipate and take advantage of these trends.
- Build and transform Numero’s culture in a way that aligns with its historical creative merits, the needs and voices of its current and growing staff, and the ethos and values of Secretly Group.
- Represent Numero Group externally at industry events and in the press.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- 5+ years music industry experience.
- Strong familiarity with the independent music ecosystem.
- A passion for vinyl culture, especially catalog and archival releases, with direct experience supporting and marketing catalog music.
- Experience with direct team leadership of multiple functions.
- Demonstrated staff management skills including, goal setting, performance management, developmental feedback and culture shaping.
- An inclusive, approachable style in managing and developing staff.
- Strong communication and executive leadership skills, with an ability to report effectively to ownership and a board.
- Highest level of work ethic, and ethics.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
Contact: To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate, send an email directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
Closing date: September 25th