Title: Director of Client Services
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Chicago, IL, Bloomington, IN, Brooklyn, NY, Los Angeles, CA Reports to: Numero Group CEO, President of Client Services
The Numero Group is an archival record label that curates compilations, reissues original albums, and creates album reconstructions from a variety of musical genres. Their products include deeply researched, expertly resuscitated and lavishly packaged box sets, playlists and ephemera of historic music from the 1950s-1990s.
Founded in Chicago in 2003 by Rob Sevier and Ken Shipley, for nearly 20 years Numero has committed to unearthing precious lost sounds for new audiences, with an unparalleled ear for potential and spirited eye for detail.
With hundreds of titles in our diverse catalog of LPs, CDs, cassettes, 45s, 12-inch singles and playlists, each Numero production illuminates the often-herculean efforts of individuals who sang, played, recorded and peddled their art to little fanfare in its day. Through intense research and wild ideas, these songs find new life in streaming, lovingly packaged media and placement in film and television. By self-imposed law, everything assembled by Numero is a stunning new artifact of sound, image and word.
The Client Services team manages the life of our partnerships with artists, songwriters, rightsholders, estates, and next-of-kin. This includes assessing rights, performing due diligence, presenting deal points and long form agreements, setting clients up in our royalty and payment systems, delivery (and sometimes explanation) of royalty statements, management of approvals, and keeping agreements in good standing. This team encompasses what is traditionally called A&R at other labels with an eye on the long-term and long tail of a client’s earnings.
The Numero Group seeks a Director of Client Services. This role will require a high level of sophistication related to music industry contracts and deal structures, including but not limited to recording, licenses, administration, and publishing agreements. Candidates will be able to negotiate contracts and communicate sophisticated concepts both granularly and from a macro perspective to existing and prospective clients. Candidates will have industry relationships and experience and general business knowledge in order to bring new partnerships to The Numero Group.
Ideal candidates will have some management experience and are capable of improving the efficiency and throughput of a small team. Candidates will find as much joy in the contract process as the discovery process, though both are part of this role. This position reports to the CEO/President of Client Services and is available in the following US offices: Bloomington, IN, Brooklyn, NY, Chicago, IL or Los Angeles, CA
- Using both industry knowledge and our vast internal resources and databases, identify and pursue new artist, writer, and rightsholder partnerships for The Numero Group
- Utilize and help improve our internal database for identifying and pursuing new partnerships
- Understand and communicate profit and loss projections to The Numero Group board
- Develop an understanding of market rates to negotiate competitive agreements
- Work with legacy artists, songwriters, producers, estates, and next-of-kin on contract extensions and amendments
- Collaborate with other in-house departments to prioritize and communicate the needs of our project management and synch teams, towards the completion of The Numero Group’s goals
- Manage the rest of the Client Services team and work collaboratively with our Business Affairs team
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the music industry which may include label services, distribution, A&R, publishing, or label management
- Knowledge & passion of the musical landscape/marketplace, spanning across multiple genres and eras
- Track record of strong rapport with industry peers across labels, artists, and the music ecosystem in general
- Deep experience with contracts, budgets, P&Ls, corporate structure, and music industry specific jargon and business concepts
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, leadership and teamwork skills
- Ability to travel, sometimes on short notice
- Ability to accommodate clients in various time zones
- Ability to withstand a hyper-nerdy culture obsessed with ultra-niche interests
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
- Salary Range: $80-100k, commensurate with experience
Application Link: https://secretlyservices.com/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.