Numero Group seeks an Audio Project Coordinator
Title: Audio Project Coordinator
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Overview: The Audio Coordinator assists with all aspects of the audio lifecycle from initial discovery to final release. This includes activities related to sourcing and acquiring physical media, listening and uncovering, transferring and digitizing, cleaning and restoring, approving and critiquing masters, sorting, indexing, sharing, storing and archiving. The Audio Coordinator works under the Audio Project Manager and reports up to the Managing Director. This role is a full time position in our Chicago Office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing media through various online and in person channels as well through our own media archive.
- Cleaning and Transferring Media – Vinyl, Reel to Reel, Cass, CD to desired digital formats
- Listening, evaluating and escalating interesting finds to the appropropriate project teams
- Auditing existing Master Schedules and tracking inventory.
- Maintain and fine tune existing audio archival database and physical library.
- Index and Inventory new and unarchived physical media collections (tape indexing, collection indexing).
- Digital asset management – updating metadata and uploading transfers and finished audio to the appropriate destinations.
- Weekly review of the upcoming release schedule to make sure audio is on track to be ready for release by due dates
- Coordinate with various mastering engineers to exchange audio assets and communicate project deadlines and priorities
- Fulfill 3rd party license requests in desired audio formats
- Assist with Test Pressing listening and approval
- Sending and receiving physical assets to artists, mastering studios and pressing plants via USPS/FedEx/Etc…
- Assist with the generation of UPCs / ISRCs / Catalog Numbers for audio projects.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in ProTools (or similar DAW)
- Proficient understanding of basic audio systems and formats
- A Passion for vintage, independent music across a variety of genres and decades
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft/Google Office Suite, Email, Digital Calendars
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attentive to Detail, especially in Listening to Audio.
- Strong organization skills including general knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and filing systems.
- Adaptable to fast paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
SG Services, Inc. Benefits:
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/c7FxfHvqUHT5LiJJ7
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.