Title: Audio Project Assistant
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports to: Senior Audio Manager
The Numero Group is an archival record label that curates compilations, reissues original albums, and creates album reconstructions from a variety of musical genres. Their products include deeply researched, expertly resuscitated and lavishly packaged box sets, playlists and ephemera of historic music from the 1950s-1990s.
Founded in Chicago in 2003 by Rob Sevier and Ken Shipley, for nearly 20 years Numero has committed to unearthing precious lost sounds for new audiences, with an unparalleled ear for potential and spirited eye for detail.
With hundreds of titles in our diverse catalog of LPs, CDs, cassettes, 45s, 12-inch singles and playlists, each Numero production illuminates the often herculean efforts of individuals who sang, played, recorded and peddled their art to little fanfare in its day. Through intense research and wild ideas, these songs find new life in streaming, lovingly-packaged media and placement in film and television.
By self-imposed law, everything assembled by Numero is a stunning new artifact of sound, image and word.
The Audio Project Assistant assists with all aspects of the audio lifecycle from initial discovery to final release. This includes activities related to sourcing and acquiring physical media, listening and uncovering, transferring and digitizing, cleaning and restoring, approving and critiquing masters and test presses, sorting, indexing, sharing, storing and archiving. The Audio Assistant works under the Audio Project Manager. This role is a full time in person position in our Chicago Office.
- Sourcing media through various online and in person channels as well through our own media archive and contacts database.
- Cleaning and Transferring Media – Vinyl, Reel to Reel, Cass, CD to desired digital formats
- Listening, evaluating and escalating interesting finds to the appropriate project teams
- Maintain and fine tune existing audio archival database and physical library.
- Index and Inventory new and unarchived physical media collections (tape indexing, collection indexing).
- Digital asset management – updating metadata and uploading transfers and finished audio to the appropriate destinations.
- Weekly review of the upcoming release schedule to make sure audio is on track to be ready for release by due dates.
- Coordinate with various mastering engineers to exchange audio assets and communicate project deadlines and priorities.
- Fulfill 3rd party license requests in desired audio formats.
- Assist with Test Pressing listening and approval.
- Sending and receiving physical assets to artists, mastering studios and pressing plants via USPS/FedEx/Etc…
- Assist with the generation of UPCs / ISRCs / Catalog Numbers for audio projects.
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates
- Experienced in ProTools (or similar DAW)
- Proficient understanding of basic audio systems and formats
- A Passion for vintage, independent music across a variety of genres and decades
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft/Google Office Suite, Email, Digital Calendars
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attentive to details
- Strong organization skills including general knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and filing systems
- Adaptable to fast paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
- Chicago Salary Range: $44k
Application Link: https://forms.gle/riVP3mDqi3QChn6Q6
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.