The renowned and long-running Scottish label Numbers is hiring a part-time Participant Coordinator as part of an educational initiative running from September 1st, 2021 – March 31st, 2022 and funded in collaboration with Youth Music.
In this role, you will provide hands-on support for self-initiated projects by young professionals aged 18-25 entering the music industries as they build and develop holistic career skills through a series of workshops, skill sessions and masterclasses, both in-person and remote.
- Based in Glasgow, or able to travel to and work from Glasgow on an ongoing basis pending Covid-19 restrictions
- Part-time with flexible hours TBC
- A grant-funded position paid in line with experience and the real Living Wage
- Aid in the recruitment and selection of participants for the Numbers x Youth Music educational initiative
- Feedback on workshop formats, structure, and scheduling in a support capacity
- Provide hands-on support and guidance for developing professionals aged 18-25 as they pursue self-initiated projects in the music industries, including but not limited to the fields of label management, live and broadcast events, and digital activations.
- Oversee field visits for participant educational activities
- Report to the remote project management lead and Numbers team on a weekly basis with communication related to the expectations, deliverables and results of the aforementioned projects, identifying potential problems and troubleshooting issues.
- Candidates will be expected to show a knowledge of and passion for music and the music industry’s past, present and future, with an emphasis on creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to fairness and respect for others.
- Successful applicants will be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills.
- You should be able to provide prior qualifications or clearly demonstrate direct experience working in the music industry, with a particular focus on the fields of label management, live and broadcast events, and digital activations.
- You have a passion for exploratory models of music education that encourage the participation of underrepresented groups in the music industries, with a general knowledge of educational initiatives both within and outside electronic music.
Numbers is a record label and creative collective working across music releases, events, festivals, arts curation and design. Formed in 2010, Numbers’ international reputation was forged through breakthrough work with the innovative, iconic producer SOPHIE and Hudson Mohawke, and releases across their catalogue from artists such as Lanark Artefax, Akiko Haruna and Rustie, plus debut EPs from singer Jessie Ware and Jamie XX.
Numbers have presented showcases at Sonar, Primavera, Roskilde and SXSW, and curated presentations for the London Design Museum, Glasgow Gallery of Modern Art and Edinburgh International Festival. Awarded ‘Best Small Label of the Year’ at AIM‘s Independent Music Awards in 2016, Numbers have drawn widespread critical acclaim for their works and continue to identify and cultivate exciting talent to UK and international recognition.
ABOUT YOUTH MUSIC
Youth Music is a national charity funded thanks to the National Lottery via Arts Council England, players of People’s Postcode Lottery and support from partners, fundraisers and donors. Youth Music believes that every young person should have the chance to change their life through music, yet their research shows that many can’t because of who they are, where they’re from or what they’re going through. Their insights, influence and investments in grassroots organisations and to young people themselves means that more young people can make, learn and earn in music. Youth Music is a Living Wage Funder, accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.