Head of Radio Production
We’re looking for a Head Of Radio Production to oversee broadcasting operations at NTS, and help us take our radio to the next level.
Full-time · Dalston, London
The Head Of Radio Production will be in charge of running the day-to-day radio broadcast operations at NTS. The role includes leading a large production and engineering team, with 4 full-time and 14 part-time employees, whilst overseeing systems to ensure a smooth and high quality broadcast experience for hosts and listeners. Working closely with the Programming Director and Head of Creative Production on the long-term development of flagship radio shows, they will help to improve the formats, delivery and creative ambitions of the radio. As a team leader and senior manager, you will be expected to inspire and lead your team in reaching wider business goals.
- Overseeing broadcast teams in all locations: London, Los Angeles, Manchester and international pop-up studios
- Managing day-to-day broadcast operations in the London studios
- Creating and managing a radio studio budget with the Head of Finance and CEO
- Working closely with Studio Managers and Associate Head of Studio Engineering to develop and improve the broadcast sound, delivery and experience
- Working closely with the Head of Creative Production and Head of Programming to develop the creative aspects of the radio
- Leading the Studio Managers and Associate Head of Sound on training of all Studio team members
The ideal candidate would be someone who has leadership experience managing teams in a radio studio environment. They should have a deep understanding of broadcast processes and equipment, with experience working in a creative production and editing capacity.
We’re looking for a strong leader and delegator with excellent communication and HR skills. The demands and tasks of the day-to-day studio can be unpredictable, so the role would suit someone with a great ability to adapt and troubleshoot. Candidates will have the ability to work with a wide range of people and personalities, both in our production team and community of hosts.
- At least 3 years of senior management experience in a live broadcast environment
- At least 5 years experience working in radio production
- A comprehensive understanding of radio broadcast software and hardware
- Great troubleshooting, communication and leadership skills
- Passion for music and what we do at NTS
- Formal management training
- Group personal pension scheme
- Generous annual leave policy (23 days holiday + additional days over Christmas)
- Employee perks: discounts and free tickets for gigs and events
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Dalston, London, UK.
NTS is a diverse team, and warmly welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups. If any potential applicants have accessibility needs and would like some assistance completing the application, we are here to help – please email us at email@example.com.
Please fill out this form by the end of Wednesday 25th October.
No agencies or recruiters please.