We’re looking for an Operations Director to help NTS continue to grow and fulfil its mission. Full-time: Dalston, London
Founded in 2011, NTS provides curious minds with a home for bold, diverse and discerning music discovery. To help us continue growing, we’re seeking an experienced Operations Director to organise and oversee the daily operations of NTS. Joining our highly skilled team, the candidate will ensure that NTS is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching staff.
The ideal candidate will have at least six years of senior management operations lead experience in a dynamic setting. The role requires outstanding organisational, communication, and leadership skills and an ability to develop innovative solutions that push boundaries. The Operations Director will work closely with executives to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of success for NTS.
- Refining organisational processes and team structure: be the glue that binds departments together across everyday working and long term cross-department strategies.
- Leading the charge on organisation and implementation of cross-departmental big ideas.
- Collaborating with department team leaders in using the company objectives for the development of individual performance goals, department budgets and long-term operational plans.
- Maximising efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration, with day-to-day problem solving, identifying pinch points and creating detailed RACI models where necessary.
- Working with the exec team and FD to produce quarterly shareholder reports.
- Organising and leading Senior Management meetings (weekly) and company-wide staff meetings (monthly).
- Analysing current operational processes and performance across departments, recommending solutions for improvement where necessary.
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of day-to-day operational systems and processes to provide visibility into the goals, progress, and obstacles of key initiatives
- Drawing on relationships with department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Devising strategies for ensuring the growth of programs business-wide, and implement process improvements to maximise output and minimise costs
- Adherence to the company’s policies and standards, and ensure that laws and regulations are being followed
- Working closely with HR to lead the team with integrity and to establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment, overseeing employee appraisals
Required skills and qualifications
- Six or more years in a senior leadership operational role in a relevant industry
- Expert organisational, communication, and leadership skills,
Superior knowledge of operational functions and principles, including business development, budgeting and finance, project management and employee management
- Superior negotiation skills for both internal and external purposes
- Ability to streamline or implement structures and roles that boost speed and efficiency while supporting rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legal guidelines
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home 2 days per week
- 23 days + all statutory UK holidays & we are closed between Christmas and New Years
- Company share options
- Company pension
- Dog-friendly office
- Free tickets to gigs and events
- Annual NTS merchandise allocation
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Dalston, London, with a minimum requirement to work in the office three days a week. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
NTS is a diverse team, and warmly welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
If any potential applicants have accessibility needs and would like some assistance completing the application, we are here to help – please email us at email@example.com.
Please fill out this form by the end of Sunday 28th January 2024. No agencies or recruiters please.