Job Title – Creative Manager
Location – United Kingdom
Nothing Standard is a creative music agency and partner to the arts. A home for artist, song and picture, the company represents and manages music rights on behalf of market leading independent record labels, music publishers and management companies as their in-house creative services, sync and licensing team.
The company’s roster includes legendary record label Sub Pop and Sub Pop Publishing, Bella Figura Music, leading music services and distribution company Kartel Music Group, Method Records and Method Publishing; home to slowthai and Disclosure, as well as The Other Songs, Unity Group and Wasted Talent.
As a key part of Nothing Standard’s sync team, you’ll be working with all aspects of the company’s diverse catalogue of music with the primary goal of securing placements across film, television, advertising, video games and other key media types. You will be in regular contact with NS’ global client roster, identifying innovative new business opportunities for the company’s artists and songs in the UK and Europe.
The ideal candidate will be a follower of Nothing Standard’s clients, artists and songs – understanding the world in which the company lives – as well as having passion, in-depth knowledge and insight into the sync licensing landscape and ecosystem, using data as well as creativity to guide thinking.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Proactively procure commercial and promotional opportunities across all media types for Nothing Standard’s catalogue with a deep understanding of the clients, artists and songs represented.
- Contribute innovative ways to enhance Nothing Standard’s sync business.
- Nurture and drive new opportunities for the company’s repertoire by maintaining and cultivating relationships with music buyers.
- Answer in-bound music search briefs.
- Work with Nothing Standard’s writers on bespoke projects.
- Write and direct music briefings with NS composers using correct music terminology.
- Negotiate terms, fees and assist with clearance master and publishing rights.
- Provide creative support to Nothing Standard label and publisher clients including but not limited to regular calls with respective teams in the US and across Europe.
- Attend industry events and be confident speaking on behalf of the business at music conferences around the world.
- Regularly attend concerts and events on behalf of the company outside of working hours, taking clients when required.
- Plan, create and execute marketing campaigns and campaign assets for Nothing Standard, including but not limited to mailers, new music and catalogue samplers, in-person artist showcases and other sync-focussed events.
- Manage and maintain Disco asset library and other key internal databases.
- Proactive self-starter with limitless initiative. Enthusiastic, organized, diligent and detail-oriented.
- 3-5 years’ experience working as part of a creative sync team at a music rights owners, pitching to music supervisors, advertising agencies and / or other music buyers.
- Team player who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced and high volume environment, managing a number of projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with high-level personnel.
- All-round music and culture nerd.
- Broad range of sync contacts in the UK and European music industries.
- Proven results procuring sync uses across key media types.
- Complete understanding of recorded and music publishing rights.
- Knowledge of local European PROs.
- Excellent presentation skills and email communication.
- Hybrid working.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Competitive pension.
Please include a cover letter with your CV explaining why you would be the right candidate for the role as well as highlights of some recent work.