We are searching for a targeted Chief Operating Officer (COO) with a background as well as engagement in creative industries and project management.
NordicLA sets a new standard regarding export within Nordic culture and creative professions. We are engaged in building a strong foundation for the Nordic platform in LA and have strong ambitions of a global expansion. NordicLA is a privately funded start up launched in November 2017.
Your main task will be daily management of operation, content scheduling and superior project management. Furthermore, you will enter NordicLA in a time with ample opportunities to shape and develop the platform and connect the LA operation to the parent company based in Denmark.
Your tasks will, among others, include:
- Develop and implement the platform’s strategies regarding development, content and communication.
- Lead and motivate the NordicLA team on a daily basis.
- Uncover/Seek out and build relations to relevant private as well as public collaborates, funds, corporations, organizations and potential clients in terms of collaboration, sale and expansion.
- Analyze and shape NordicLA’s format and processes and conceptualization of events together with the NordicLA team.
- Uncover and assure an inflow of private and public funds.
- Responsible for the overall budget and financial management.
- Secure a continuing sale to both current and potential clients.
What we need from you
- You have experience with project management and staff responsibility ideally in a startup context.
- You are self-driven, service minded and have a good eye for business and sales.
- You possess a strategical understanding of how to lead our platform forward – Without lacking either overall perspective or eye for detail and quality.
- Ideally, you have experience with similar work from the cultural and/or entertainment industries: music, movies, food, art etc.
- You have a profound understanding experience related content.
- You are experienced in seeking funds.
- Ideally you have a pertinent network in both Scandinavia and the USA/LA.
- You are curious about humans and interested in both culture and business.
- You do or would like to spend most of your time in LA.
What Nordic LA can offer you
- The possibility to become a central part of future developments and an opportunity to influence NordicLA’s impending growth.
- A versatile and challenging job in a creative startup company with great ambitions.
- An informal work environment with room for both personal and professional development.
- Ambitious colleagues and committed owners.
- A job in a comfortable environment in a remarkable city.
The job is full time and based in Hollywood, LA, with 1-3 trips towards Scandinavia every quarter.
We are searching for a candidate who would be passionate in being part of our startup journey. Accession as soon as possible.
Interviews with relevant candidates will be held in week 8 of 2018 in Copenhagen.
NordicLA is a new soft-landing and bridge building Platform that merges Nordic culture and business in LA.
A Nordic space at the 11th floor on Hollywood Blvd, during work hours it sets the frame for a co-working space while being an event space in the evenings and weekends.
NordicLA showcases Nordic culture and creative industries. NordicLA creates a foundation for Nordic people resident in Los Angeles as well as Nordic people on short or longer inspirational or/and work-related stays in California. NordicLA is a node for arts, culture, co-creations and business and moreover a bridge building initiative between the USA and the northern countries.
For more information, go to www.nordic.la
For additional info regarding the job please contact Kristian Riis – firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME, A SHORT COVER LETTER AND LINK TO YOU LINKEDIN PROFILE