National Music Publishers’ Association
Job Title: VP of Research and Industry Analysis
Department: Industry Affairs
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Washington, DC
The National Music Publishers’ Association (NMPA), the leading trade organization representing the interests of music publishers and their songwriter partners in the United States, is looking to fill a Vice President (“VP”) position in its Industry Affairs Department based in Washington, D.C. The VP will report to the NMPA President & CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and conduct the process of collecting music industry revenue statistics and analysis;
- Aggregate and present industry revenue numbers as well as trends and data patterns that tell the industry’s story for relevant time periods;
- Provide support in industry rate-setting proceedings and negotiations;
- Conduct survey research with relevant audiences for industry messaging on important issues;
- Work with economists to measure impact of music publishing and songwriting on US GDP to support efforts on content protection, trade and other issues;
- Conduct consumer research on relevant issues from industry-wide perspective;
- Work with academics on reports, articles and reviews to support industry initiatives;
- Propose necessary research to support public policy, legal, content protection and communications efforts;
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration or experience in information technology or quantitative fields such as statistics, economics, finance, or similar;
- Experience in related data analytics fields will be considered; and/or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong database understanding, creation, and usage skills;
- Proficiency and experience with standard office tools including spreadsheets, presentation software, and word processing;
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, highly motivated and organized, work well both independently and in a team environment, with the ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
The applicant must be capable of effectively and reliably carrying out these duties with minimal supervision and guidance;
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please forward resume with cover letter to:
1900 N Street, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
About the NMPA
The National Music Publishers’ Association is the preeminent U.S. music publishing trade association with hundreds of members. Its mission is to protect, promote, and advance the interests of music’s creators.
The NMPA is the voice of both small and large music publishers, the leading advocate for publishers and their songwriter partners in the nation’s capital and in every area where publishers do business. The goal of NMPA is to protect its members’ property rights on the legislative, litigation, and regulatory fronts.